Thread: Question about Boat Builders and Marinas

ghoward
    I'm going to be in the San Jose area in a couple of weeks for a couple of weeks. I was wanting to know if any of you could advise me on some Boat Builders, Marina's, and lakes in that area that I could visit. I do not mind traveling an hour or so to get to one. Any information that you could give me would be appreciated. Thank you.

Anderson Res. is about the closest lake to S.J. but it has a 35mph speed limit and strict on noise. Try Berryessa, Modesto Res. Don Pedro, Commanche, Tulloch, New Malones, Hogans, The Delta, Clear Lake, Camp Far West, San Luis Res. Lake McClure, Folsom, Bullards Bar and Oroville. These are within 3 hr drive from San Jose. To the south is Nacamiento and San Antonio. Marinas are too numerous to list and I don't know of any boat builders in the South Bay.
    [ September 11, 2002, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: 058 ]

ghoward
    Thanks 058 for the info. I'll have to look up some of those lakes and choose the best one to visit. I appreciate the info and I'll do a search for marina because did not realize there were so many. Take it easy.

EXTREME1
    WHAT DATES ARE YOU GONNA BE DOWN THIS WAY????

river-rat
    There is an Eliminator dealer in Antioch, The Sporting Edge. Also an Advantage dealer up there, Delta Boats or something like that. You can contact Advantage in Lake Havasu and they will give you the name. Other than that, a lot of dealers but no builders that come to mind.

Hermosa
    river-rat:
    There is an Eliminator dealer in Antioch, The Sporting Edge. Also an Advantage dealer up there, Delta Boats or something like that. You can contact Advantage in Lake Havasu and they will give you the name. Other than that, a lot of dealers but no builders that come to mind.Yes, bot Advantage and Eliminator dealers are off of Summersville road in Antioch (off the 4 freeway). I have been to both of them inthe past week, they both have a few boats you can look at, I was surprised they had some models in stock. Delta Sport Boats (Advantage) is North of the freeway, Sporting Edge (Eliminator) is south of the freeway, you can see it coming off the exit. Enjoy.

Hermosa
    ghoward:
    Thanks 058 for the info. I'll have to look up some of those lakes and choose the best one to visit. I appreciate the info and I'll do a search for marina because did not realize there were so many. Take it easy.Also, there are a ton of marinas on the delta, from just off the 4 freeway, you have Pittsburg and Antioch marina, get a map from a boat shop, there are tons of them.