Thread: Lakeside Launch Ramp - Parker

Boatcop
    Just found out that the center 1/3 of the Lakeside Ramp got washed out in recent storms, and what was left is seriously undermined. For those that don't know the local lingo, that's the free ramp about a mile south of the keys, right off of Riverside Drive. (The old Business Route 95)
    I haven't seen it yet, but I'll go up and get some pictures tomorrow.
    The ramp is County owned, but I'm not sure if and/or when we'll be able to repair or replace it properly.
    It was one of the better ramps in the area, not so much because of it's condition, but the angle and width was ideal, and the current in the area wasn't so bad.
    For free launching, I'd recommend the one at Patria Flats day-use area. I'm also going to recommend to our Supervisors that launching only be allowed for free at the County Park, since the Lakeside free ramp is a goner.
    I'll keep everyone posted on the status.

BigDogIvan
    I'm heading up tomorrow and usualy use Rock House on the Cal side. Is it not free anymore?
    BD

THOR
    Is this the ramp that is just down river from Mike Mack's place?

andy01
    Thanks for the info BoatCop, I always launch right down the center of it. Is it closed or marked? And has there some storms out there lately? BTW I will be there either late tonight or tomorrow, I will stop by the station tomorrow if I get in tonight.
    Andy

Hallett19
    Hey RD, is that the ramp where you knocked your i/o on ?

Boatcop
    OK, I went and checked it out today. It's not as bad as I initially heard. There is a sizable chunk missing out of the middle of it, but the sides look OK.
    The area at the waterline is still in good shape, and it's just the approach that's screwed.
    I talked to Public Works today, and they said that when they chip seal Riverside Drive next month, they'll fill the holes with AB, and chip/slurrey seal the surface.
    Next year sometime, when Riverside Drive is completely re-done, we'll re-do the whole ramp. If we can secure a Grant from the State, we'll do it in concrete all the way from the water to the road edge.

RiverToysJas
    Do you guys have the water level dropped to do ramp work, like they did for Katherines a few years back on Lake Mojave.
    They dropped the lake like 24' to redo the ramps. It's very cool now, you can stand nearly almost all of the way at the end of the pier and still see the yellow lane strip WAYYY down under the water. I thought it was cool, sitting there holding my boat, way out there and seeing that line under me.
    RTJas

Hallett19
    You are pretty fired up about that line, ha Jas ? wink Damn, that ramp is the one we always launch from....... oh the humanity !!!!

RiverToysJas
    Hallett19:
    You are pretty fired up about that line, ha Jas ? wink You bet, I make Yellow lines in the snow, every chance I get!!!
    RTJas

Boatcop
    We can ask that the river level be dropped a few feet during the winter if a specific project needs to be completed.
    We'll be doing that in January when we replce the seawall and widen the ramp by our office.
    That's the ideal time to do it, since they usually drop it a ways for a week or 2, so maintenance can be done on the Headgate power plant, and idrrigation canals in the valley.
    However, the work on the Lakeside ramp is far enough above the waterline, it won't need to be dropped to repair it.