Thread: When One Good Turn ,,,

Trailer Park Casanova
    I was just thinking of when I've helped someone boating,, and it came back in Diamonds.
    Once I was on approach to Avalon Harbor, and in the middle of the San Pedro Channel was a stray rental boat from Joe's Rent A boat in Avalon. Obviously broke loose in the night and the tide carried it out to sea.
    I towed it back (after calling him first), and on occasion when there are no moarings available, he ties us up for free.
    Helped a swordfish boat fix his freezer (for free) after the captain had fits with others trying. They were really helpfull sometime later when I was hit by a waverunner in Avalon.
    Once we were heading to Two Harbors and noticed a nice Monterey floating, the passengers waveing their arms over their heads.
    We cruised up to it and it turned out the teenagers on board had borrowed it without the dads (who was outta town) permission.
    The kids, 3 boys 4 girls, stopped to look at a whale, and the boat wouldn't re-start. Dead batteries. No radio, no gps, no cellphone, nothing.
    They wanted us to tow them 22+ miles back to Huntington, but I said; "nope,, it's off to Catalina (2 miles) for you guys,, and maybe you outta call your dad, because if you don't, the Sheriff in Two Harbors will."
    It turned out OK, the Dad was pissed deluxe, the mom was a report card kind of mom and was really angry and scary, but they were gratefull of the assistance we gave.
    It doesn't take much to lend a hand. We'll only tow someone if the conditions are safe, and like Boatcop suggests, let the Coast Guard Auxillary handle it if they're around, but would certainly take on passengers if the conditions weren't.
    Man I'd be pissed if my son pulled a stunt like that. But what I got back from that experience is that I'm sure he wouldn't. I've taught him to be responsible and considerate. So with that thought, maybe I'm not such a bad parent after all. [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939Picture_5-thumb.jpg[/img]
    [ August 09, 2003, 11:28 AM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

it also comes back as shit sometimes.one time i went to roadrunner to watch the bikini contest.these friggin okies in this old beater had the end spot on the dock so i asked if i could tie off to the back of them to watch the contest.sure no problem they werent even watching the contest they were fishing.so the contest finished and i about to unhook and the hilbilly captain says his battery is dead how about towing him to echo.i didnt really want to do it but he helped me so i thought i would return the favor.i start pulling him towards echo,just as im going over the rock pile at red rock i didnt get over far enough and with the extra weight pulling the back of my boat down i destroy my mercury ss 5 blade.now i pissed so i gun it to hurry up and get him back and i snap my high dollar ski rope.im thinking why in the f--k did i every tie off to him.i finally get him to the dock extremely pissed and he says heres a couple of old millwauke beers for your trouble.

missboatnam1
    ha ha mr b!!!!!!!

Hermosa
    I will help others... most of the time. If you aren't prepaired to be on the water, don't expect me to help / tow you. Some of these guys are out with no ropes, no life jackets, or any tools, or not enough gas. They usually have the freaking entire family or 10 guys on board that know nothing about boats...

Ex-Con
    Botnam- where is the rock pile at Redrock??
    Where in relation to Foxes or the Roadrunner??
    Thanks-

just below foxes on the az side.if the river is up i guess its ok to go over.i always move to the cali side of the river.there is a wire going across the river with yellow bouys that is just about where it is at.

dimarcobros
    boatnam - did you give the old milwaukes back???
    DMB

Ex-Con
    just below foxes on the az side.if the river is up i guess its ok to go over.i always move to the cali side of the river.there is a wire going across the river with yellow bouys that is just about where it is at.
    Boatnam thanks, I will try to avoid that rock too...

Trailer Park Casanova
    At the Riverlodge turn rock shoal;
    If the buoys are laying on the rocks, we don't even launch.
    The best bet for a first timer thru this area is to wait for a Malibu, Natique or similar type boat and follow them through.
    They have everything to loose if not navigated right.
    It's usually 12 to 14 feet deep at the Calif side if the buoys are afloat.
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/939Picture_5-thumb.jpg[/img] <---Picture proof that Rogaine and Propecia really work.
    [ August 11, 2003, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]