Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: First river trip...

1stepcloser
    What was your first trip to "the river"?
    It was 1974, I was 11 years old, we had a 1969 Glaspar powered by a Mercury 1000 100 hp clamp on, towed behind a 1964 Ford country squire station wagon. Also along was Fred, A friend of my step dad, and his big block powered V-drive flat. (I have no idea what hull it was.) We stayed for a weekend at Echo, rode from one end of the river to the other over and over, got drug around in an innertube till my arms hurt, and had the crap scared outta me in Freds flat. (over and over ) It was July, we slept in a tent, had to bail water out of Freds boat the next morning, and generally had the time of my life. I never forgot about that trip.
    In 1986 I bought my first boat, a 1971 Marlin tri-hull, powered by an 85 horse Chrysler.
    It's been 17 years and three boats since then, now I haunt Havasu, but I still remember that first trip...

lovemyultra
    this is the third season on my boat and I still havent been

24ROD
    1973, Stayed at Echo in a 67 camarro as our tent. Back then you didn't need a/c. Mrs 24ROD and myself were only 18, So going to Sundance where the legal drinking age was 19 was a big deal. The people we were there with all had Flats. All they did was leave them tied up all day and not run them. So we vowed to never do that. Every Boat we have had we have run the shit out of it!!!!!!!!!!!

green go
    [ January 25, 2003, 05:59 PM: Message edited by: green go ]

77charger
    memerial weekend of 92.was a fun one and a wont forget it weekend went to copper also sank my boat got it runnin the same night and off to kokomos with wet seats.

Mohavekid
    Too young to remember it, it was summer 1964.
    I do remeber the late 60's at Katherine's Laning on Lake Mohave. Man that place has grown.
    Now it's zoo. All the best things get ruined. oh well. It's still the best place to be.

Havasu_Jet_85
    Im only 17 yrs old. I guess my first trip was a couple months after I was born. But don't rember going till I was 5 years old. Staying at Crazy horse camping out. My pops had a Wriedt Jet Boat. I've been hooked ever since then and go every chance I get.

NEW 2 RIVER
    First river trip snapped the skag off my outdrive and wasted prop,bought new prop same day and wasted it within hours.every time out since the first I seem to find low waters and give the skag a trim and readjust the prop.Still cant get enough of the river though.Love that place.

NEW 2 RIVER
    And before any one says I should of bought a jet.dont worry theres always someone along for the ride when I hit bottom that always tells me this.

JetBoatRich
    NEW 2 RIVER:
    And before any one says I should of bought a jet.dont worry theres always someone along for the ride when I hit bottom that always tells me this. Hate those guys?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast