Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First river trip...

Raskal
    lovemyultra:
    this is the third season on my boat and I still havent been what the hell why not
    first was back in 86 or 87 the guy next to us belw up his boat and it burned to the water level pretty cool lookin but felt bad for the guy

JetBoatRich
    Raskal:
    lovemyultra:
    this is the third season on my boat and I still havent been what the hell why not
    first was back in 86 or 87 the guy next to us belw up his boat and it burned to the water level pretty cool lookin but felt bad for the guy Pleasure in someone elses pain?

bigerich
    Summer of '76 Spent a week on the beautiful waters of lake Powell at the ripe age of 4 months!! I can recall trips to Sandpoint on Havasu from when I was about 5, man those were the days, just show up and have fun, no worries!!!

Mandelon
    And before any one says I should of bought a jet.dont worry theres always someone along for the ride when I hit bottom that always tells me this.
    Shoulda bought a jet.....
    My parents never did anything cool so my first trip was with friends back in the 80's. I had just bought a used Bayliner , 16 foot, with an awesome 85 HP Chrysler outboard...hahahahhahaha You should seen me waxin it... wink
    We went to Llaughlin and Mohave. Waited 2 hours to launch at Katherine's. The other river boats next to us on the ramp were so loud I couldn't even hear if that POS was running or not.
    Bent the starter shaft later that day and got towed in by the Coasties, and a Seadoo. Man, did that suck. Next day blew the skeg off and a blade off the prop south of AVI. (That's how I learned the water levels were lower in the mornings...LOL)
    Now...I have a jet.

Beautiful Noise
    My 1st trip to the River I .....Nevermind that one I don't remember myself,But the 2nd trip I stayed at Echo Lodge back in 1973 I had my 1st Boat which was a 16' with a Johnson 90 we had a long 1st day hitting the Bar's when drinking was only 19.That night I anchored by Boat and the next morning it was gone,The Coast Guard had found it Down River on the Az side,Stripped of the Stereo(8 track),Spare Prop's & Pin's,Life jacket's & Ski's.And wouldn't you know it I broke a Pin the very next day and had to get towed back because I didn't have any Spare Part's.I've been going back ever since only I won't leave my Boat in over night,Now I only have to worry about the Big Boat's Swamping me They can't steal it like this
    Steve
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Reader_Rides/V-Drives/Parker_Sunken_Boat_2.JPG[/img]
    [ January 26, 2003, 10:19 AM: Message edited by: Beautiful Noise ]

PlayTime
    Geeeeeeeeez look at all the old fogies on this thread jawdrop , I was born in 1974 . I think my first trip was like in 92. Got to thank the 24Rod family for that. Thanks to them I know there is more water then just at the beach. Plus I got a boat out of the whole deal . First season out on the river in my OWN BOAT is coming up.

Mohavekid
    Old is a state of mind.
    We just started earlier than others.

24ROD
    Mohavekid:
    Old is a state of mind.
    We just started earlier than others. Our belief exactly,if the truth be known we can still out last the kids. Plus we had more fun on less money.

24ROD
    PlayTime:
    Geeeeeeeeez look at all the old fogies on this thread jawdrop , I was born in 1974 . I think my first trip was like in 92. Got to thank the 24Rod family for that. Thanks to them I know there is more water then just at the beach. Plus I got a boat out of the whole deal . First season out on the river in my OWN BOAT is coming up. Cito...you didn't just call us "OLD" & "FOGIES" in the same line did you? I didn't think so.
    Now as for your river trip, your part of the family how could we have ever left you at home?
    Love ya 24Rod Mom wink

beer hunter
    Summer of 1984 ,Buckskin campground, No boat but lots of beer,It rained like hell for an hour, flooded most of the campground, washed half our stuff into the river,slept most of the night in the restroom. Best time I had all year

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast