Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need legal advise

Mr.Havasu
    Looks like I'm going to have to take somebody to small claims court for not keeping up there end of a boat deal.
    My question is.. where do I file the law suit at?
    I live in Havasu, He lives in Orange county, and we bought the boat from DCB in San diego?

kevnmcd
    I believe you would have to file in County of San Diego. I believe it has to be in the juristriction of the company/person you are sueing.

al cole'holic
    You can always send a few heads down there to bust some caps....shit, that wasn't too funny.

bear down
    warlock25:
    Looks like I'm going to have to take somebody to small claims court for not keeping up there end of a boat deal.
    My question is.. where do I file the law suit at?
    I live in Havasu, He lives in Orange county, and we bought the boat from DCB in San diego? Sorry to hear about that! Too bad that a friendship would go to waste. Hope all works out for you!

Mr.Havasu
    There was never any friendship.
    I bought a POS boat from this guy that was represented as "brand New " everything and it failed within minutes of delivery.(Thats's the short version). I'm just uncertain as to which jurisdiction I need to file the suit in.

Essex502
    I would guess the location where the "transaction" occurred.

Mr.Havasu
    Well that might be a question too.
    We saw the boat for the first time at DCB in San Diego, But didn't sign anything.
    When they delivered the boat to Havasu is when and where we actually signed the bill of sale or contract.
    So does that mean we can make him come to Havasu to answere a complaint?

Back To Havasu
    If the transaction actually "occurred" in LHC, I would file the action there, (or in Kingman), serve the defendant whereever he (it) is, and make them fight to have the case moved.

Mr.Havasu
    sounds like good advice. It certainly will be easier on us to fight this thing on our territory.

Slick
    I'm not an attorney, but I don't think it matters where you file a civil suit. File it in AZ, that way you can get a local attorney. This way they can't use there brother's cousin's uncle who knows an attorney who'll do it for cheap. They'll have to use an attorney who is also licensed in the State of AZ. Everything you can do to make it just a little more misereable for them to contest your case will help.
    [ June 26, 2003, 04:30 PM: Message edited by: Slick ]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast