Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ...& some more op6 pics

Ziggy
    RiverDave:
    rvrkaosI:
    bordsmnj:
    oh, and here's one from sunday up by needles.one of the locals was hangin'out by our swimstep. noticed it right before he became an unwanted guest
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/349snake.jpg[/img] Uhhhh, What the hell is that thing??????? Wouldn't want to run accross this while I taking a leak! I have never seen a snake in the water at the river before.. eek! I pray to god I never do as well.. Is that thing poisenous?
    RD Holy Cow! I've never seen one swimming around before either and hope I don't while I'm in the water. Glad he wasn't in there friday when I was up that way.

hd&boatrider
    SCUBA STEVE:
    If those things hang out over there, I wont be going to needles anytime soon. eek! They are all over the river Scuba and especially in coves on the lakes. Anybody have an idea what type of snake it was? Looks like it could be a king snake possibly. If so the eat rattle snakes and you know they are all over the place in the desert areas.

little rowe boat
    King snakes are typically black and yellow.The picture of the snake looks like it is those colors,so it probably is a king snake.BEWARE rattle snakes also swim. idea

bordsmnj
    rivercrazy's calling it a california king snake.i have no idea. i tried to see if it had a rattler but it didn't. it's hard to tell by the pic but that guy is about 5' long if yuh stretched'em straight.

bordsmnj
    yep black and yellow. the yellow when wet has alomst a greenish tint to it.

waterndog
    I've seen a couple of those snakes in the past when camping at Park Moabi they were slithering there way into into the rocks on the penisula.
    Shit I hope there not piosonous I tried to go after him 1 time ofcourse I had to much to drink. eek!

JetBoatRich
    Nice pictures, the Scuba's sure look happy

Havasu_Dreamin
    I've never come across a snake in the water before! And I've never come across one at any of the coves either. YIKES!!! Would not want to run into one of those, unless it was with the boat, a bravo III drive would do a number on one!

bordsmnj:
    oh, and here's one from sunday up by needles.one of the locals was hangin'out by our swimstep. noticed it right before he became an unwanted guest
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/349snake.jpg[/img] Don't worry, there are no poisonous water snakes in California. However, be carful swimming on the ARIZONA side!

78Eliminator
    About snakes, remember:
    red on yellow, kill a fellow
    red on black, friend of jack
    what you are looking at is a gopher snake

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast