Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122

Thread: When's the next Martinez rally?

fryzll
    What a great weekend. Got on the water around 10:30 on Friday and the water was perfect. Headed up to Monkey Island and then took a cruise down to Hidden Shores and then into ClearLake. Hit the bar at Martinez Fri. night for a little shuffle board and ALOT of silvers, closed it down and went back to the house for more silvers by way of the carts.On the way there me and my buddy Wes thought it would be funny if I brake checked his dad so I did and yep, his cart got wadded up in a bad way, guess my utility bed aint so bad after all . Up to Picacho on Sat. morning w/ my boat, the Ultra, the Placecraft and the CP for a while and the made our way down to the big sandbar and met up w/ some other buddys ( even Mitch the lurker w/ Lickety Split) for rest of the day. The wind came up and the water went to crap so we headed in for a little ramp action and more silvers. Right before sundown the wind died so me and the CP went out on the water for about 20 minutes and it was killer, perfect water and nobody around. Hit Martinez for some grub and then back to the house to get some stank off and then right back to the bar. I started w/ Vodka Collins and didnt stop, two fistin those things is a BAD idea, I went throug about 12 of those things plus beer and next thing I know I have someting like 8 or nine people on my cart headind to do what? Yep, more drinking. Well by 2:30 I had my buddy pour me out of my cart so he could head back to the party and I hit the pillow, HARD. Got up Sunday feeling like a 190 pound bag of shit and loaded everthing up, cleaned up the house, locked up, ate breakfast and hit the water for a while. Met up w/ Rubths and his wife and SD Mikey and his buddy plus a few others. What a nice bunch of people, cant wait to do it again. Both these guys have really nice boats and great attitudes, cant wait to do it agian. Sorry I took off early but I felt like shit run over twice and needed aspirin and a bloody mary. I might just have to go out and buy another CR500 just so I can have a reason to meet up w/ you guys at the dez. That sums up my weekend, anyone have an extra liver I can borrow?
    Chris

Shmoolie
    We had a great time out there this weekend. The water is definitely getting colder though.
    Briefly met Rubths and his wife a couple of times on Saturday but we were always headed in opposite directions, and just never made it over to knock on his river house door. Next time for sure. I kept an eye out for some of the other boats pictured in this thread but didn't recognize anyone. We hung out at the sandbar for awhile on Saturday and made a run up to Picacho later.
    On sunday we took a SLOW cruise (my sister was with us on Sunday, that means "VERY" slow, "extremely" slow, "but we're gettin' passed by seadoo boats" slow) up above Picacho and messed around taking some kneeboard mpegs with the mavica. Nothing came out too great though, I forgot to delete the pics off of some floppies I was reusing and my friend didn't realize some of the mpegs were coming out 1 sec long. Good for a laugh though.

SLO POKE
    sounds like you had fun wish i had been there!

SD MIKEY
    Great meeting you Fryzll! Nice boat! You making any more trips this year?
    The dunes are waiting for you!

[ October 02, 2002, 12:22 AM: Message edited by: SD MIKEY ]

SD MIKEY
    What happened to the rest of you peeps?

SD MIKEY
    Going tomorrow after work! See ya at the bar tomorrow night!(friday)

SLO POKE
    You are not very nice! rub it in our faces.

SLO POKE
    All right SD mikey how was it?

SD MIKEY
    Went to the bar and saw 3 fights! Cool! Weather was nice. You making any more trips?

SLO POKE
    Yes i think thanks giving but i hope sooner!

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 121819202122