Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EXPLOSION @ Martinez

89checkmate
    On saturday at around 11 http://free.***boat.net/ubb/redface.gifoam, three teenagers were filling up a pontoon boat and spilled gasoline everywhere, when the dad went to start the engine, the engine exploded. causing a huge fire. The three teenagers where life flighted to san diego with third degree burns, the dad was taken to the yuma hospital. The fire took out 5 boats, 4 pontoon boats and 1 picklefork and three of them were still sunk when we left on sunday morning.
    Does anyone have any more info?

got river?
    That sounds like the worst one I have heard about in a while. I hope somebody can give us some details.

Beautiful Noise
    I havent heard any new about this one yet.Just a short story tho when I was a kid (won't say how long ago) My dad was at the gas dock fueling up the person pumping the gas at the dock over spilled and the gas went into the bulge he never said anything to my dad. My dad idled out about 50 yards and the boat exploded killing my 2 young cousins and putting my dad and my older cousin in the hospital for 3 months.
    Steve

Dans66Stevens
    WOW that is some Story!!!!!!

DogHouse
    Wow, I am very sorry to hear of both incidents. I hope those involved will heal quickly. Burns are no fun at all.
    -brian

ROZ
    This must bet the accident my wife was talking about. She works at UCSD MEdical center and told me that they received a serious Trauma that was resulted from a boating accident in Yuma.
    Please, people be alert out there. You never know when a good time will go bad.
    I don't know how bad the burns are, but it's going to be a tough and painful recovery.
    I wish them well.

cheezpanel
    We saw the smoke yesterday from Ferguson Lake. Didn't have any info at the time. My thoughts are with those injured.

89checkmate
    Here is the link to the newspaper article on the explosion @ Lake Martinez. It's such a tragedy
    http://www.yumasun.com/artman/publish/story_766.shtml

Bubbledeck2
    Here's a clip from the aforementioned article .. gotta love those journalists
    >> The boats involved were a apparently a combination of house boats, pontoons and speeders.<<<

ROZ
    Originally posted by Bubbledeck2:
    Here's a clip from the aforementioned article .. gotta love those journalists
    >> The boats involved were a apparently a combination of house boats, pontoons and speeders.<<<
    It looks to me like he is classifying a speedboat as a "speeder". Not that seeding was involved. But ya never know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast