Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Out of control boat in Havasu

Havasu Cig
    We were comming back from the sandbar last Saturday afternoon (about 6:00 pm) and noticed a boat with nobody in it doing circles off of windsor about 1/2 mile.
    There was a patrol boat, and a vessel assist boat close to it, probably trying to figure out what to do. Anybody else see it?

hot_diggity_dog
    The report in the paper said that the four passengers were ejected.
    The patrol boat was trying to put a wake in the boat to fill it up and slow it down enough so they could jump in it.
    Eventually a anchor rope wrapped the prop and they jumped in and killed the motor. eek!
    Definitely a strange story
    What location on the lake was it at??
    Hot (Thought we only had to worry about pontoon boats) Diggity Dog wink

Eric455
    ohh i kust pictures the whole scene. that must of sucked.
    eric

Havasu Cig
    It was off windsor about 1/2 mile. At first I was wondering why somebody was doing circles in their boat, but as we got closer we saw that nobody was in it. Very strange.

SCUBA STEVE
    I must have just missed it. I was leaving the channel when you passed by Havasu cig. Looked like you were setting up for a friendly race with 2 other boats. A Sunsation and another one.
    Then nothing happened. Mrs Scuba was ready to take some pix too. frown

Outnumbered
    Last summer here on Lake Arrowhead an old timer had a heart attack or something and his boat started doing the same thing. The torque from the motor must make that happen. Anyway, the story gets better (or worse). The old man's boat is doing doughnuts about 35mph and runs OVER a boat with a family in it and a skier in the water. They didn't even see it coming. The good news is that the people in the boat only had minor injuries as they were just missed. eek! I guess the skier was injured by the rope. I saw a picture of the boat and it was practically torn in two. Lucky no one was killed. Who would think that could happen more than once?

dcb carrera
    I saw that boat it was definitely weird. I stopped to watch for a while but thought the way my boat is coming out of the hole, if that boat staighten out I probably couldn't get away from it

Havasu Cig
    SS,
    We were taking somebody down to the Springs when you saw us. That was Rick 32 in one of the Sunsations, and I forget the other guys name in the other one.
    I think he wanted to race and I was trying to tell him that I needed to get to the springs before it got dark, but I am not sure if he heard me over the motors. He chased us about 1/2 way to the springs then turned around.
    What boat were you in?

SCUBA STEVE
    Havasu Cig, we were in a 21's skier. But a little bit behind you. you wouldnt have saw us.
    When you were at the sandbar, Mrs Scuba, Trojan Dan and I, tried to walk over to you, but you were in a "non" walking zone. So we couldnt get to you after all. frown

SCUBA STEVE
    here is a pic of one of the sunsations we got when you left the channel
    [img]http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366june_7th_sunsation-med.jpg[/img]

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast