Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Out of control boat in Havasu

Havasu Cig
    We were in some deep water at the sandbar. we tryed to anchor next to the AMT, but the anchor would not grab in the current. I ended up throwing out two Box Anchors and it finally grabbed.
    That Sunsation is the one that I can't remember the guys name. The other one was Rick32. Nice boat.

nodigg
    I DO like my kill tether! Had a friend and his wife get thrown out of their boat last year up from the sand bar when they were cruising at 50mph with no traffic. They did not have a kill tether at the time. The boat cicled them like a shark about to attack for quite awhile until a passer by plucked them out of the water. They followed their boat running in circles at 3/4 throttle as it made it way downstream with the current. A couple of patrol baots finally ran it aground with no injuries to anyone in the end. You never know when a new sandbar that was not there last time out will GET YA'.

burtandnancy
    Years ago, before kill switches, an offshore boat pitched its driver and throttle man, the boat went in circles until it ran over both guys and killed them...

Ziggy
    Man, this must of been happening while I was wiping down my boat at Windsor...I missed that nor did I see or hear any commotion... That must have been bizzare looking. eek!

al cole'holic
    That is some crazy f'n stories! Last year up at Shasta for the 4th of July I was gettin nutty out there with my bro, next thing I know I got pitched bad and ended up over his side (passenger seat) with him holdin me by the shorts to keep me on board and the throttle still wide open...

cyclone
    yet another good reason why my boat has a gas pedal and heavy return spring on the throttle.

carbonmarine
    That afternoon was gorgeous looking ..... Ahhh Yeeeah, Chasing you guys I was huh ....???
    ** Yeah right, I could have passed you guys with your head start, but I was waiting for my fellow Sunsatuion Breathren with 396's ...... He had a nice boat..
    Next time !
    Rick32 wink

SUPERCREWJOHN
    Maybe it was a Hallet 270S.. They have a predisposition for doing a Self-Drive and ejecting their passengers

Essex502
    What's wrong with Halletts? Looking at future purchase...???

Havasu Cig
    carbonmarine:
    That afternoon was gorgeous looking ..... Ahhh Yeeeah, Chasing you guys I was huh ....???
    ** Yeah right, I could have passed you guys with your head start, but I was waiting for my fellow Sunsatuion Breathren with 396's ...... He had a nice boat..
    Next time !
    Rick32 wink I did not say you could not pass me, I just said you were chasing me
    I was telling Tony, Who was the person we were taking to the Springs, that you were going to pass us but you never did.
    To make it fair we need to run in the ocean as well as the lake though. wink

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast