Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Out of control boat in Havasu

Steamin' Rice
    Not all step hulls have severe handling quirks...Do your homework before buying a boat and pay a lot of attention during a demo ride, especially during turns at midrange speeds.

LHC30Victory
    Recently took an advantage 28 victory out and tried to break the stern loose by triming down in a turn at about 40...It stuck! No sign of slipping. Can't wait to see if the 30 w/twins is the same.

Fat Chance
    I have a stepped Hallett 250, and put it through the paces, with out a problem. When it comes to corning though, I give respect and don't push it. It has never given me any negative feed back. I had mentioned my buddy that spun a 30' Eagle. It happened out of the blue, mild arc at about 45-50, and BAM! Hooked, and took off down the river w/out it's occupants. I chalk it up to the ocassional freak accident. you get every condition contributeing at just the right time, and you have disaster. Look at the success of the 270, a ton of 'em out there. I know plenty of people that have never had a problem. Who knows...just my .02

91nordic29
    does anyone know if nordics have this kind of "quirk"?

SUPERCREWJOHN
    Steamin' Rice:
    Not all step hulls have severe handling quirks...Do your homework before buying a boat and pay a lot of attention during a demo ride, especially during turns at midrange speeds. That is exactly right.. I believe in the case of the Hallet it may have had an unusually high X dimension to optimize the boat for top speed. I guess my point is, be sure you know the setup of your boat with a stepped hull, and be cautious until you know what to expect from it..

KCook
    SUPERCREWJOHN - I take it that these events are very sudden? There is no hint at all prior to the s**t hitting the fan?
    Kelly Cook

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234