Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone using the fabtech lift on f-250

the front end is starting to sound pretty loose.or there is wheel hop going on or something.i replaced the shocks but i think the springs have sagged and lost somthing.i called fabtech but they would only tell me the springs are not rated for a diesel.they forgot to mention that when i bought the kit.i just put brand new front tires on but the wear is terrible already and i got 55,000 out of my last set.anyone having this problem.

Coach
    I have not had any problems with my lift. I did blow a shock and it was taken care of for me. Are you running dual shocks? What shop installed the lift for you? They should have told you that the lift was not rated for the diesel and sold you a different lift or used the right leaf spring. I would call the shop and talk with them.

HotHallet
    Are you running all terrain's or Muds? The Fabtech kits do sag down after the coils settle in! If you are running Muds you can't expect much more than a year and half of use on the street until it is time to replace them.

coach i should of said it is a 2 wheel drive.i put the 4-6 inch lift on.i put it on the 6"height fabtech only sells one type of spring in that kit even though its not made for a deisel.the truck rode fine for a long time but the last few months its getting worse and worse.im using the radial ta's the 310's.the last set lasted forever and that was with alot of towing.now i maybe have 2000 miles on the new set and the inside tread is all fu-ked up on both tires.not a good thing at 450 bucks for 2.im pretty sure it is the springs i had some guy take a look at it and he was telling me there is not much that can go wrong on a 2 wheel drive.

single shocks, no steering stabalizer.

UtlGoa
    Did you check your ideler arm and pitman arm? I have a 1999 F-150 2wd with a fabtech 7.5" long travel lift with 35x12.50x16.5 tires. It rode fine until about a month ago then it started to ride like crap. My buddy said the stock ideler arm and pitman arm cannot take the abuse of larger tires. Might want to check them and see if their wore out. Just a thought.

waterndog
    Jim, check with Whipped Caliber I'm pretty sure he's running the same setup

Whipped Caliber
    boatnam2:
    coach i should of said it is a 2 wheel drive.i put the 4-6 inch lift on.i put it on the 6"height fabtech only sells one type of spring in that kit even though its not made for a deisel.the truck rode fine for a long time but the last few months its getting worse and worse.im using the radial ta's the 310's.the last set lasted forever and that was with alot of towing.now i maybe have 2000 miles on the new set and the inside tread is all fu-ked up on both tires.not a good thing at 450 bucks for 2.im pretty sure it is the springs i had some guy take a look at it and he was telling me there is not much that can go wrong on a 2 wheel drive. I'm running the 6" lift with the dual shocks and the new pitman arm and so far so good. I have had it for a year so far with about 18k miles so far on the 35's and my motor is a deisel as well.Mine did sag down after the coils settle in about 1" but it still rides good!!
    eek! Did you call fabtech ?

yea i called fabtech they dont want to hear about it.my truck is 30 months old 63000 miles.like i said i never had a problem until the last few months.i do have quite a few miles on it and dont want to buy something i dont need trying to fix it.thanks for the help guys

jus a baker
    utlgoa i had the same prob with the 3 in kit

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast