Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Going to Cancun

GBLASER
    Anyone been there lately? Any tips, besides do not drink the water?

AZKC
    Was there last August stayed at the Moon Palace, we got stuck at the resort and didn't do a whole lot of touristy stuff but had a blast.
    Heres a link to a good Forum with lots of helpful people
    Cancun
    Have a good time
    KC

Edmond
    Went there a couple of years ago. as far as bars go Fat Tuesdays and LA BOOM were awesome. We checked out the pyramids at both Tulum and Chitzanitza (i am sure I spelled that wrong)See at least one of those. Isla Mujeres was ok the Booze cruise over there was fun not much to do on that little island though. The best food we had was in old town Cancun, a few miles from all the hotels right on the beach. Don't remember how to get there though. Cancun is great we never had a bad day..

AZKC
    Heres a link to my Webshots Albums with 2 albums of Cancun, mostly Moon Palace but some of the Sun Palace which was more in town.
    Cancun Pics
    KC

Ziggy
    Did it last year...great sand on the beaches! Take the time to go south and see the ruins and spend a day at Playa Del Carmen...
    Buy your booze at a local shop and save big $ over the resort prices.
    Natural scenery great, everything else just still feels like you're in Tijuana...lots of hard sell guys selling cheap crap at ridiculous prices.

Kilrtoy
    Swim with the dolphins its like 50 bucks awesome. Also a jungle cruise, you do it on a jet ski with a car steering wheel(ONLY IN MEXICO) then it drops you off for a snorkling dive for 30 minutes, its like 40 a person. NEVER PAY TIL YOU ARE THERE AND ON THE BUS, BOAT OR JET SKI.

Uplink
    We were there in Feb. The Moon Palace all-inclusive is Awsome, Incredible pools and facilities. Unlimited food and booze. They have their own water purification plant and keep your room stocked with bottled waters and beers. Our room was right next to the beach with a view of the Ocean. We loved eating at the grills out by the pool/beach.
    Took a trip to the Beach Palace, nicer beaches but very small hotel. The tour to Tulum was too long of a bus ride for what you see, you can't climb the ruins anymore, and its packed with people. The Palace resorts Isle Isla Mujures boat trip was a lot of fun, the crew keeps you very entertained on the ride to the island. KC, our pics looks just like yours only different people. Enjoy your trip! <Mark> wink

missboatnam1
    hey uplink, welcome lavey man!!!!
    gave ya 5 for lavey!!!!
    did i mention LAVEY ROCKS????
    [ April 26, 2003, 01:43 AM: Message edited by: missboatnam1 ]

Uplink
    Thanks Tina, glad to be part of the Lavey family, 5 back at ya. Resuming lurking mode... <Mark>

RiverKitty
    GBLASER:
    Anyone been there lately? Any tips, besides do not drink the water? Oooo Ooooh! Take Me With You!!!
    I've been there before!
    I could be your "tour guide"!!!
    PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast