Thread: Historic film, Parker/Lake Molvaya, Branson's

BoatPI
    I recently aquirred a 16 mm film from an old television series titled "Adventure Calls". This film could be the ONLY existing copy for the weekly series filmed at "Lake Moolaya", Parker Strip. It depicts waterskiers, vintage boats on wooden trailers,Branson's Resort, and perhaps one of the first Berkley Jet powered boats. Boats include a flat bottom Plymouth Grand National (now NASCAR) 426 cross ram engine and jet, owned by Dick Clark. A priceless section of this film. Dam is shown, redrock, and Ken Overton, from the Overton family that I believe owns the large catalog service for boat supplies. Kite skiing, a prelude to paragliding.
    I am considering transfering the film to video, copyright is history. Cost is conserable. So I would consider selling copied tapes for $20 including shipping. Any thoughts. This IS a piece of history. smile_sp

SK48
    I live in Parker tell me where to send the money, I'll take one please.

BGMAN203
    I will take one too.

mbrown2
    I would buy one; preferably in DVD.

BoatPI
    The converter uses a digital process to convert the film to video. The tape could be transferred to DVD. The film has a orange haze, YES, it was filmed in color! Remember this was about 1963.
    Reviewing it last night I noted it was filmed on silent 16mm, then music and the host commented over the film. A common practice for low budget tv series.
    This is a real classic, kid's on mini biles at Bransons, a 1960 Chev wagon launching a Glastron with an Evinrude. One of you Parker Rats could be a star aond not know it. Ken Overton steals the show at the end, a real champ.

Sandbar Mike
    Boat PI
    I'm definitly interested, How long is the tape?

SandbarScot
    I'll buy one!

BoatPI
    It appears to be made for a 30 minute show, so I figure a 22 minute film.