Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Moving to Vegas area?

Outnumbered
    A few months back I posted a topic on moving to Phoenix from SoCal. A lot of nice people on the forums gave us a bunch of useful info and insight. Well we ruled out Phoenix for a few reasons but mainly because the economy was not quite strong enough for me. Lots of nice areas out there for reasonable prices though.
    Anyway, we are looking at the Vegas area now and have made a few trips out. We are leaning toward the Henderson area, specifically the area between Seven Hills and McDonnald Ranch. We are looking for a quiet, newer, family type area with good schools, low crime, and a nice size home/lot for under $310,000. We found a 2700 sqft, 5bd/3ba place new there for $307,000 with a pool on a 6,000 sqft lot. Looks good but before we put down some cash I thought I would get some opinions on this area or on some other nice areas.
    Thanks in advance,
    OL

mmered8299
    Yup, thats a good area. Close to the lake too. You'll be off of Green Valley Parkway. Thats better than Easten up to Anthem...Eastern gets too much traffic.

THOR
    I used to live there.
    It is a nice place and sounds like you have a great home. Congrats.
    Is there RV parking there? Beware, some associations allow you to have RV parking, but you cant park an RV there. I know, you are saying WTF? But, I ran into that a few places when I was house shopping.
    Beware of the heat and sell your car if it is black.

Outnumbered
    Thanks for the replys. Regarding the RV parking thing I learned that whole thing from looking in Phoenix. Some of these HOAs are pretty strict. The cool thing about this plan is that one bay of the garage is 25-26 feet deep which will just squeeze our 21' in. That is the problem with Henderson. Its near the lake and NONE of the mid-range builders are thinking about boating families. Just trying to make the lots as small as possible to make an extra buck. Havasu builders are great about that (boat garages) but its too small of a town for me to make a good living.
    Thanks again,
    OL

SoCalOffshore
    Vegas is great. But, it is pretty cold in the winter. I have landed at 8 am and it was 38 degress. Also there is allot of wind!!! Real estate won't appreciate like in CA. That being said, that area is nice.

Back To Havasu
    I had a vacation home in the Summerlin area of Las Vegas for 5 years (97-02). A large bang for your buck housewise, but I couldn't bring myself to move there full-time because I don't like Mead, which gets rough just about every afternoon. The wind played more of a role on a daily basis than I had anticipated. The employment and business opportunities were great. I chose Summerlin because I thought that house would appreciate faster than in Hendertucky. However, you can't beat its proximity to the lake, and the area you mention is quite nice.

THOR
    Back To Havasu:
    I had a vacation home in the Summerlin area of Las Vegas for 5 years (97-02). A large bang for your buck housewise, but I couldn't bring myself to move there full-time because I don't like Mead, which gets rough just about every afternoon. The wind played more of a role on a daily basis than I had anticipated. The employment and business opportunities were great. I chose Summerlin because I thought that house would appreciate faster than in Hendertucky. However, you can't beat its proximity to the lake, and the area you mention is quite nice. Green Valley, Anthem and Seven Hills is in Henderson. Or Hendertucky as you put. Deep Henderson is not a good place, but definitely not as nice as Corona!

Back To Havasu
    Dear Thor...I live in Corona by choice. I also own a home outright in Manhattan Beach Calif., and lived for 32 years in Palos Verdes before I retired at 48 from the practice of law. What is your success story A##hole?

THOR
    Do you know what house I lived in Hendertucky as you put it.
    Dont throw the stones too early man. You have be able to take a little when you dish it out.

Outnumbered
    Thanks for the replies.
    Thor, what/where is "Deep Henderson"? The old part of town?
    BTH, Corona is a lot like Henderson, old Coronatucky down by the freeway and the nice newer area up against the hills. Tell me why you like Summerlin better than Henderson?
    Thanks again,
    OL

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast