Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "DISNEYLAND" Sand Dunes at Havasu?

Mr.Havasu
    Wow! Now thats where OP6C should have been!

JetBoatRich
    Looks like a pretty tight fit, the bigger boats have to have fun in there.
    I take it, the water loops around?

Ducatista
    91nordic29:
    i have heard that somewhere between havasu and topock there are some sand dunes that people stop and play on??? I was just there for the first time a couple of weeks ago, about 2-3ft deep all the way with some very narrow places. Made it in my 29, but was pretty tight! Nice beavers back their I must say!
    This is my first post, I have been lurking around for some time.

riverracerx
    Trim up baby!
    Actually I got about 60 yards in and ended up in nothing but black muck. Can't be too good for the drive.

Danhercules
    Our crew calls it the "jungle cruise". I dont like taking my jet back there just cause I dont want to suck somthin up. I will walk it there.

riverracerx
    How clean is the water? It must not good too much flow back there...

Ducatista
    riverracerx:
    How clean is the water? It must not good too much flow back there... It was cleaner and colder that you would think, considering the water depth. There are like 5 or 6 Beaver huts back their that are restricting the flow of water through there. "Jungle Cruise" is the perfect discription of it that's for sure! Got some great photo's of the boat, in places it really didn't belong because of its size, so it was worth the ride. But I won't be back there again in my ride, my U joints are probably L joints by now!

hot_diggity_dog
    How clean is the water? It must not good too much flow back there... RRX,
    Look at the photo that shows towards Havasu, we used to take jet boats out that way, it leads to Speed alley. eek!
    Really cool if you have time to push the boat a few times in the low spots and you will have to clear a path through the reeds. wink
    When it used to get traveled alot, it was cleared out from the boats cutting up and pushing the reeds away. eek!
    HDD

hot_diggity_dog
    It was cleaner and colder that you would think, considering the water depth. There are like 5 or 6 Beaver huts back their that are restricting the flow of water through there. "Jungle Cruise" is the perfect discription of it that's for sure! Got some great photo's of the boat, in places it really didn't belong because of its size, so it was worth the ride. But I won't be back there again in my ride, my U joints are probably L joints by now! Ducatista,
    Ive had a least 5 or 6 beavers back there eek! eek! eek!
    All good too!
    HDD

mbrown2
    Been going for 25 years and never knew of that....learn something new everyday, might have to go back there if I pick up a RIB like I want...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast