Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "DISNEYLAND" Sand Dunes at Havasu?

SandMan_Mike
    21' Spectra Jet No problem i will be pulling reeds out of the jet this weekend. Pictures and report on monday! If anyone wants to hook up at the sand bar and find this place Saturday let me know.
    mj

HavasuDreamin'
    It isn't easy to find........and you can easily drive right by the opening and never even know it.
    As you are heading up to the sandbar, it is on your right hand side. If I had to guess, I would say about half way up to the sand bar from the gorge (or thereabouts). If you have never been before, you want to go slow.......and be looking out for the buoys (either one or two of them, I forget). They are located at the opening which is no more than about 20' wide or so. Once you enter the buoy area.......continue on back following the trail to the right hand side.

SandMan_Mike
    RD that topic started a few day ago on www.nomorerd.com no need to make a new list. thanks for the welcome. now that I am out in the open i will stick around.
    Thanks Havasudreamin for directions should be interesting. pig_flyi

Ducatista
    SandMan_Mike:
    RD that topic started a few day ago on www.nomorerd.com no need to make a new list. thanks for the welcome. now that I am out in the open i will stick around.
    Thanks Havasudreamin for directions should be interesting. pig_flyi HDD & HavasuDreamin's directions are right on...one marker bouy on the Arizona side just before the last turn at the sandbar...after you enter the chanel in the reeds, you come to a "y" interection...just stay right and idle in to the dunes. If you go left you will end up in a round pond which was kinda cool too.

SandMan_Mike
    Thanks everyone. I will try tomorrow morning.

SandMan_Mike
    10k thats a goal.

Havasu_Jet_85
    RiverDave:
    Beaver Huts, Wild Boars jumping in the boat, and walking the boat through reeds to get there?
    Jesus, I think I gotta check this out for myself.
    Did you let the boars go? Or did you BBQ them?
    RD <--- Got a big rotiserry. sp? No I ment to say we jumped in the boat and got out of there. THey were coming at us wih those mean tusks.

Duck
    Geezus Kriiist!!
    How many times must the entrance be "told"? The last thing that place needs is to become a freeway of boat traffic. Please only let the most responseable be told of this last oasis to hide out at. At least the PCWs are banned, but even that doesn't stop them from appearing.

randy77zt
    take gun & buck knife-dig pit-roast pig.good meat with out all the hormones from store bought meat.i will have to look for this when i am down there.i dont have a problem with lifting the motor and walking the boat in-its small.

SandMan_Mike
    Made it to the dunes yesterday. Didn't even have to pull any weeds out of the jet. No one there. Me and the wife kicking back having a cold one and two guys pull up on ATC. They started wisteling at the wife and telling her to take it off. Any way make a long story short great place to go if there is more than a couple of you. thanks for the directions. I will post some pictures tomorrow.
    mj

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast