Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bunk Carpet

Desert Rat
    Anybody know a place to get bunk carpet at a good price. All the stuff I find on the web is at best 12 feet long and two of my bunks are 12'9". I need about 27 feet to cover 2X4's (10" wide) and about 18 feet (14"+wide) for the 2X6's. I have called a couple of places and think the $2.00 to $3.00 a foot they want is alittle high. Any help?

68campbell
    I've always used a commercial grade carpet, like what they use in offices or hotel hallways. You can usually get it for free. I have an extra roll of grey if you want it let me know

Dusty Times
    I stopped by Ziemen and was ready to have my wallet taken. To my suprise they came out with strips precut to the width of your rails and just tell them your lenght. Can't remember the exact price but the were very resonable and they saved me alot of work on the cutting process.

Kwicherbichen
    I'm getting ready to do the same thing. Overton's has it online & in the catalog. I'm going to call extreme trailers and a couple others to see what we can work out.

LeE ss13
    Go to Home Depot and get "Runway Carpet". It is sold from a roll so you can get it as long as you like. It comes about 3 feet wide and is very tough because it is for high traffic areas.

Desert Rat
    Kwicherbichen:
    I'm getting ready to do the same thing. Overton's has it online & in the catalog. I'm going to call extreme trailers and a couple others to see what we can work out. Overtons is limited to 12' lengths and Extreme wanted $2.50 per linear foot, square YARD prices in my opinion. When you need about 50 feet of it that gets a little expensive. Thanks LeE SS13 I'll give Home Depot a try.

kevnmcd
    Desert Rat - Go to Champion Trailers Online, download there catalog and go to page 16. They have bunk carpeting by the foot in both 9" and 12" wide (black or grey) for $.95/ft and $1.25/ft. I just bought some for my trailer.

Desert Rat
    kevnmcd:
    Desert Rat - Go to Champion Trailers Online, download there catalog and go to page 16. They have bunk carpeting by the foot in both 9" and 12" wide (black or grey) for $.95/ft and $1.25/ft. I just bought some for my trailer. kevnmcd Thanks thats just the ticket!!!

Cantrip
    When you wrap the wood, make sure you don't wrap the carpet completley around it, if you do, it makes it harder for it to drain and lead to the rot of the wood. And pick a good water resistant wood, maybe even toss some tompsons water seal on it then wrap it. I used some treated wood, pine I think, I got it from home depot and used stainless tacks to mount the carpet, it came out pretty good actually.

Laveyman
    Any idea where to get a box a stainless staples for a standard staple gun? Last time I was able to find some was at an upholstery shop, and they wanted me to buy a box of around 3,000.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast