Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bunk Carpet

JetBoatRich
    3,000 should be enough (for all of us)
    LOL

Laveyman
    JetBoatRich:
    3,000 should be enough (for all of us)
    LOL My point exactly. Just a few too many.

Cantrip
    Laveyman:
    Any idea where to get a box a stainless staples for a standard staple gun? Last time I was able to find some was at an upholstery shop, and they wanted me to buy a box of around 3,000. Ask froggystyle, he is the one that tipped me off to locate the materials, he has it all figured out, he can weld too, he helped weld Hallett19's trailer and they redid the bunks.

HotHallet
    I am in the process (almost done) of re-doing my entire trailer and the time has come to cover the new trailer bunk wood. Before I wrapped it I took the bunks to my buddy at Line-X spray on truck bedliners and he covered them top and bottom in Line-X. The wood is now completely encapsulated and will not rot out. Something you may want to think about instead of just varnishing and covering.

onesloryd
    What do you guys do with the boat when you are replacing the bunks on the trailer?

Cantrip
    usually take it off..... wink
    I took mine up to the lake and put it in the water, let my friend cruise it for 45 min while I replaced them in the parking lot of castaic. Just show up with the bunks carpeted and cut to fit your trailer, dump the boat and replace them on the spot.
    [ February 13, 2003, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Cantrip ]

kevnmcd
    HotHallet:
    I am in the process (almost done) of re-doing my entire trailer and the time has come to cover the new trailer bunk wood. Before I wrapped it I took the bunks to my buddy at Line-X spray on truck bedliners and he covered them top and bottom in Line-X. The wood is now completely encapsulated and will not rot out. Something you may want to think about instead of just varnishing and covering. What did you do about the bolt holes?

kevnmcd
    Laveyman:
    Any idea where to get a box a stainless staples for a standard staple gun? Last time I was able to find some was at an upholstery shop, and they wanted me to buy a box of around 3,000. Laveyman-I got mine at Home Depot.

HotHallet
    KevinMCD- It's a light coat of Line-X so the bolt holes were not affected. The hardware fits a bit more snug now and that's good. Also I countersunk the holes all the way through the wood so they will not pull out like lag screws.

mike37
    bunk corpet
    overtons .com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast