I have a great story from last weekend (6/7,8). I was not there but this is how it was relayed to me.
A buddy of mine (Howard 26 Cat) broke down next to Site Six on Saturday. BMax Drive broke - believe it or not.
As he and his family did the cork thing a guy that they had met in the channel came along side. Now, before Saturday they had never met this guy before.
The guy asks "is there anything that I can say to help?" and then proceeds to tow him to Site Six. It doesn't end there. The guy tosses him the keys to his brand new truck, knowing that my buddy is from Havasu Springs, and says to take it and go get his rig @ the Springs and to leave the keys on the floorboard of the truck when he is finished. Further, the guy tells the rest of the people on my buddies boat to go over to his trailer at the Islander and help themselves to a beer while my buddy is retrieving his rig.
The guy heads back out on the lake without blinking an eye.
My buddy heads to the Springs gets his rig while his wife drives the other guys truck back and so goes another broken boat on the lake story.
I don't know they guys name however, in the channel he was on a Ski Centurion. However, when he came up to them off of Site Six he was in an Eliminator with twin Teague 540's.
If anybody knows this guy - there are a bunch of us at the Springs that would love to buy him a cold one and let him know how much that was appreciated.
Sorry for the long post but thought everyone should know that we are surrounded by some pretty decent people on the lake.