Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Boating is About

LUVNLIFE
    Thanks Eric. I try. wink

JetBoatRich
    Eric455:
    LUVNLIFE:
    Great stories it's good to know old school is still in session. The new people could learn alot from the people that started it all in the 60's and 70's. wink very true. ur one good example urself. thanx for all the help on sunday.
    eric You and Jen both know how to treat people, felt bad leaving you Sunday
    By the way the wagon is to cool

Eric455
    yea same here. thats why we want you to join us Cale. we want to say sorry that we left you in such a hurry. and this is the least we can do. lmao
    eric

hot_diggity_dog
    The 1st time I met anyone at the Lake on these boards was Charley and jm2rvr.
    It was back in January of this year.
    jm2rvr was taking his new 26 DCB W/ twin 300x's out for it's maiden voyage on Havasu.
    We had the standard plan, meet you at the sandbar at 12:00 - 1:00 O'clock. I show up and cruise around and don't see them.
    Wait around for awhile and decide to leave.
    As I start to get closer to the lake I see jm2rvr and Charley floatin with a motor cover off. eek!
    So I stopped to give them a hand and thats how I met them.
    HDD

Badboat1
    That is what it is all about help someone in need .Weird thing about 2 years ago I just loaded my boat up and this asshole was cussing his wife or girlfreind out like crazy,she was backing the trailer and had no thought how to do it.So I went over and backed it for her and the asshole was nice to me but that was a bullshit thing.
    Help will come back to ya so help a boater in need.
    BB1

91nordic29
    two years ago at the cattail cove ramp, i was in our jet boat and hubby went to get rig. i was sittig out at the no wake buoy (where you are SUPPOSED to wait) and a lady was tryin to load their boat on the trailer. windy, pwc's messing up the joint, and her husband yellin at her so bad i wanted to slap him. just then i heard a splash and she had turned off the motor, jumped into the water and screamed "do it you OWN dam self!". boy was he steamed. i wanted to laugh but that would have made him madder. what a trip. jawdrop

Mr.Havasu
    91nordic29:
    had turned off the motor, jumped into the water and screamed "do it you OWN dam self!". boy was he steamed. Way to go. I don't understand guys who want to ruin a nice day on the lake over such trivial stuff.

Froggystyle
    I am so glad to hear that story. Thanks for relaying it.
    OP6 actually started as a way to show the new guys the way it is done. We were going to be a good-times group that partied hard and properly, and showed up whenever possible to make the whole river experience for everyone around us... our crew, our freinds, the people tied up to us, etc... a lot more pleasureable.
    Most of the time, all it took was beer strangely enough! In any case, a little guidance and presence goes a long way. I am very happy to see some people still "paying it forward".
    Awesome.... Squirts up!

superdave013
    Sounds like most of you have had better luck then at Havasu.
    When my boat sank for about 45 min. people just came by to take pics. They would do a few circles in their 25+ fotters to make sure it was even more choppy. Then lo and behold a family in a small jet stopped and picked up the three people with me. (I stayed with the bobbing ship )
    Well the chick that was with me that day is now my wife so I guess it worked out in the end.

dimarcobros
    Nothing like a crisis to put a relationship at full speed. Sorry to hear about your story, but I can assure you not all of us boaters are like that. What goes around, comes around. When ever we tow someone back in and they offer us money, we always decline the $$$ and tell them the next boat they see a boat on the lake that is broken down, do the same favor as we just did to them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast