Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I yelled at a homeless guy...

Racer277
    I'm at the light to the freeway on lunch.
    The usual vietnam/grenada/kuwait vet ( yeah right) is there with his sign asking for cash. Walking around in the lanes right in front of him is a small dog, just waiting to get hit. I roll down my window and yell "Hey Mother****er! If you had enough compassion to get that dog out of the street, I'd give you $20!" Of course he just looked at me, like I will look at him everytime from now on.
    Shit, occasionally I'm good for a cup of coffee for someone, but now I'm pissed.
    Just had to let that out.

MKEELINE
    We have the same guys up here. The other day I'm heading home and I see a guy, who's always on the same corner, whip out a cell phone and start chatting. WTF....the phone was even nicer than mine.

Wake Havasu
    I am so old, that I can remeber when we used to call them "bums".

MKEELINE
    I am so old, that I can remeber when we used to call them "bums".
    That's probably alot closer to the truth. Most of these guys aren't homeless, they are just bums that would rather beg than work. They need to supplement their unemployment, disability,etc.

Biglue
    I have seen them gather up right off the center divider all cheery and shit. Once they get onto the center divider they pan handle off of they put on the "feel pitty for me" face. Amazing how people dont realize they are being taken advatage of.

Brewzed
    I never give those guys money anymore. One time a window washer guy was working around Tyler mall. He asked if I wanted my windows washed. I gave him a 5 spot, because he asked before he threw his squeegy up on my windshield and sent set him on his way. The fool pulls out a bigger wad of cash than I have ever had in my pocket and tucks my 5 away. Not a bad gig.

Captain Dan
    I've talked to a few of these guys when their sign said they were hungry - on several occasions I offered to buy them lunch. The one's that really needed the food took me up on it, the others just wanted cash and got nothing.

soupersonic
    After about a 14 hour day i stopped to get some beer on the way home and got hit the "could i spare some change" speil.He had on Nike Airs and sittin on a $300 mountain bike. WTF? Then one day this guy sitting around in front of a grocery store entrance begging for change with the homeless and god bless sign gets into a BMW and drives off. Lmao i saw him everyday for a week, that corner must pay well.There was also an article in the local paper some time ago about college students panhandling their way thru college making $50 g's a year.

hotsand65
    My husband was attacked at a Tommy's drive through window by a homeless man with a beer bottle because he wanted my husband's money - of course Jeff fought back and let's just say ruffed him up a bit, manager called the police and they told Jeff not to press charges because the homeless guy can press charges and have him arrested and all that would happen with the homeless guy is that he would spend a warm night in jail with a free meal - drove off - Jeff went the the emergency room for stitches!!

Jordy
    Wow, you feel better now you big meanie??? Yelling at someone who is down on their luck give you that manly rush???
    I think panhandling would be a great second job. Just dirty up a bit and go stand on the corner. Figure if you can get a couple bucks out of every other change of the light, you can pull an easy $20 an hour TAX FREE!!!! I'm starting tomorrow. Works better with kids though. Anyone want to pay me to babysit??? Triple my income right there.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast