Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CA Delta over Labor Day

Aqua Boogie1
    opps, discovery bay also but I don't think they don't have hotels/motels near by. Sugar barge is near Oakley and brentwood, which do have them. wink

Ms. AquaBoogie1
    Aqua Boogie1:
    The mrs. had it wrong, we will be leaving out of whisper cove. Oops!!!!! My bad

SoCalOffshore
    Thanks for the info. I will check it out. The plans maybe changing a little. I may not make it over labor day and go up the next weekend. Probably better for the first time there. What is the best map to get of the delta?

Aqua Boogie1
    I don't know who makes the map, but if you goto any marina on the delta, they sell delta maps. Easily titled sacramento delta waterways map. It will contain almost every marina on the delta.

Ms. AquaBoogie1
    SoCalOffshore:
    Thanks for the info. I will check it out. The plans maybe changing a little. I may not make it over labor day and go up the next weekend. Probably better for the first time there. What is the best map to get of the delta? No, I think for your first time you should go up next weekend.....Yeah it might be a little crazy!!!! wink

SoCalOffshore
    Yeah I called hotels in Antioch and Oakley and nuttin available. Only thing I could find is in Stockton. The Best Western in Antioch sounds pretty nice and on the water. Is there some open stretches of water were I can open the boat up?

gnarley
    SoCalOffshore:
    Is there some open stretches of water were I can open the boat up? There is over 1000 Miles of water & LOTS of it, you can do what you want on it The San Joaquin from 3 mile slough to Stockton should be great for a speed run. I always see the poker run crowd running real fast around there. I could suggest some area's to stay if I knew what you wanted to do or where to go. Snug Harbor on the Sacramento near Rio Vista has nice small cabins for rent & they have slips, as does Delta Bay Marina in Isleton that has rental chalets and is on the San Joaquin River at Andrus Island. The Ryde Hotel is nice, classy & more upscale with a private dock but you must launch elsewhere like in Rio Vista.
    The offshores hang at the Outrigger & get gas at Bullfrog Landing they have the good race gas & best prices on the water! If you want to go fast, be careful to leave room for the smaller boats on the narrow sloughs. Caution taking the twists & turns to fast as others may do the same thing & we wouldn't want to hear of any collisions at a blind turn & use your depth gauge, as there is tidal influence here. If you go to Lost Isle be sure to take off your wrist band before you leave in your boat, the Coasties & Sheriff patrol the water & look for the wrist bands left on by anyone thatÂ’s been drinking there. YOu should be able to find the standard map of the Delat by Hal Schell anywhere, and with a GPS you'll never be lost.
    If you need more info try this link http://www.californiadelta.org or for other places to stay http://www.californiadelta.org/deltalodg.htm
    Good Luck

SoCalOffshore
    Thanks gnarley. I think I am going to head up the following weekend and avoid the crowd. I will check into those resorts you mentioned. Is the water cold in the Delat or ok for swimming?

gnarley
    It should be OK for swimming, it won't be as warm as a lake but it will feel nice if it is hot out. I'd guess the water temp is about 74-76 degrees. I also forgot to mention check B&W resort a friend of mine put in there & I thought he said the have small cabins for rent also. I think there night be a poker run the following weekend also if your interested.

SoCalOffshore
    Poker Run at B&W? I assume these resorts can handle a 32 to launch.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast