Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WARNING!

dorC
    Be forwarned!
    The Wisconsin DNR is busting people big time for noise! Apparently the db level has been dropped into the 80's and the DNR is burning up pens issuing tickets as fast as they can. The one hot spot that I know of is the Fox River in Oshkosh. If you do not have mufflers you WILL be cited!
    [ June 25, 2003, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: dorC ]

Bajajet
    Yup, I have heard the same thing too. Here is a copy from their site which is incredibly vague.
    Mufflers: No person may operate a motorboat without a muffler or one which exceeds noise level standards (86 dB on an “A” weighted scale) with a muffler. Operators must submit to testing when requested. Muffler cutout devices are prohibited which allow the noise level to exceed 86 dB.
    Here is the responce I got from Wisconsin DNR:
    Wisconsin law sets 3 testing standards that motorboats must pass. The standards for each are established by the Society of Automotive Engineers. The passby test (J34) is conducted at full throttle with the meter located 50 feet from the course the boat is operating on. The stationary test (J2005) is conducted at idle speed with the meter located 40 inches behind the boat.
    The shoreline test (J1970) is a passby test where the meter is located within 20 feet of the shoreline.
    Now go to GBB website for an explanation of the tests. Sounds like the last test may not be performed correctly.
    Craig

Blown 472
    cork suckers, what would you do if the boat came from the factory with thru hull, ie jet??

Her454
    Hmmmmmmmmm, interesting. Seems I just had this conversation.........

Blown 472
    Her454:
    Hmmmmmmmmm, interesting. Seems I just had this conversation......... Did it involve a fat guy with jet boat??

Her454
    Nope, but he has a jetboat.

Blown 472
    Her454:
    Nope, but he has a jetboat. IN wisconSIN???

Her454
    Yep, he said there were NO noise laws like out here in Cali.

Blown 472
    Hummmm musta been after too too many kessler and cokes, sheesh what a dumb ass.

Rocket2003
    No noise laws in East Texas!
    Ya'll come on down now, Ya hear?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast