Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for David Hobbs......

diggler
    I purchased a 1972 Tahiti from him last year in Texas and I wanted to show him what the restoration of the boat is like. Anyone here know him? Here is a picture of him and his Picklefork that he bought after I bought his boat.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/David_Hobbs_beached.JPG[/img]

blowngas
    yeah, he's a good friend, works close by----does he have your ph.#?---by the way, the nordic tunnel pictured is for sale---will tell him u would like to get in touch---rw

diggler
    blowngas:
    yeah, he's a good friend, works close by----does he have your ph.#?---by the way, the nordic tunnel pictured is for sale---will tell him u would like to get in touch---rwThanks! That would be great! I spent all winter restoring it, then got relocated to California.
    If you remember, this was his boat before I bought it.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/First_pic_prior_to_owning.JPG[/img]
    Here's what it looks like today
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Jet_Boats/PF_at_Lost_Isle_21.JPG[/img]

blowngas
    I think that you did an excellant job---she really cleaned up nicely---I think he will be surprised also---thanks for the picture---rw

diggler
    blowngas:
    I think that you did an excellant job---she really cleaned up nicely---I think he will be surprised also---thanks for the picture---rwI had some questions about the engine for him too. Right now it's getting rebuilt. (More performance items on it.) I wanted to see if he had some specs on it. Thanks!

dorC
    Is this the same David Hobbs that has a Honda dealership in Milwaukee? He also does announcing for CART?

diggler
    dorC:
    Is this the same David Hobbs that has a Honda dealership in Milwaukee? He also does announcing for CART?No, sorry, he is from Corpus Christi, TX. He'll probably be interested to know that he is famous though!

burbanite
    dorC:
    Is this the same David Hobbs that has a Honda dealership in Milwaukee? He also does announcing for CART?That David Hobbs is from England, ex race car driver, still seen on SpeedChannel

diggler
    blowngas:
    I think that you did an excellant job---she really cleaned up nicely---I think he will be surprised also---thanks for the picture---rwBlownGas, can you ask David Hobbs when, (if), he rebuilt the Berkeley jet on the boat? I'm trying to determine wear and whether it's worth it or not to get it rebuilt. Thanks!

dorC
    [/QUOTE]That David Hobbs is from England, ex race car driver, still seen on SpeedChannel[/QB][/QUOTE]
    It's a relief to know that at least somebody knew what I was smoking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast