Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LOTO vs Grand

wowchad
    O.K. a bunch of us are looking to go south this spring for some guys only foolishness to escape the WI cold.
    I'm talking early.
    Both these places sound like fun, where are they, how early can we hit 'em, and which one is less RED!?!

D-BO
    One of our favorates is Ugley's! We usually grab a bite to eat on our way home from dripping. It's really nice, just right across the lake from dripping in the back of Duck Creek! It's also the local Cigarette dealer so you have some cool boats to look at while you eat! The last tome we ate at Ozzies the food was cold and it took forever to get it, and they weren't even busy. We do alot of our own BBQ's at my buddies lake house also.

Seadog
    Wowchad: The main restrictions on Grand in spring is the wind. If you want to make a trip, keep an eye on the weather forecast. The weather is good enough for dedicated boating year round, if the wind is calm enough. For perfect weather, Okie style, the first week of August is usually excellent.
    D-BO: Ever have a Tootie's? I don't think you can really be called a Grand Laker without eating a Tootie's sandwich. I've been by Ugly's on the water only a few times when the traffic was lighter than normal.

wowchad
    O.K. I found Grand on the map, it's too far for us to travel from Milowaukee.
    So where's something a little closer that's "hot" in say April or May?

D-BO
    Where in the hell is Tooties?? To be honest, I've only been going to Grand for about 4 years. I've grown up on Table Rock lake, but the party is kinda slow down there!!All of my buddies have grown up on Grand so that's kind of why I switched.

Seadog
    Tootie's is on Hwy 85 south of Cleora, where the road jogs west to go around Duck Creek. There are two gas station at the turn. The old one on the north is Tootie's. The locals and fishermen often make a big effort to get their sandwiches there for a day on the lake. Few people can finish one at a single setting. I had a BIL that lived at El Cabo and we got sandwiches there often. He moved to Afton and I now alternate between an aunt's campground/cove on Horse/Fly Creek and another BIL at Dinosaur Point near Woodward Hollow. If you are around the Ghost Bridge and see a green pontoon, my name ( Seadog ) is on the back.
    [ January 17, 2003, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

D-BO
    We'll have to meet up, if you see a white, purple, and lime green cig, or a 29ft red and yellow scarab, or an all yellow 42ft Apachee cat then you've found us. We usually meet somewhere between #10 and Honey Creek and spend the day at Woodard or Dripping. Sometimes we go up into Elk River and race, we also have a couple of fast little 20 footers!!

RebarBox
    "Grand" is better! Well, I do live there which might influence on my opinion! LOTO (Party Cove)is a great time with a bunch of guys, but I don't really see taking the wife there......and having a good time....too many tits!......too many "What are you looking at?'s" from her.
    Now Dripping Spring, good time, good people, good beer and not to shabby views, thought not naked views!
    Need more info, check out the only 'Drip' website.
    www.gldrippingsprings.com
    Rebarbox
    <a href="http://www.gldrippingsprings.com" target="_blank">
    Grand Lake - Dripping Springs</a>

Seadog
    Well, I got curious and did a little research. Amazing how many sites devoted to Grand. It is official that there are thirty restaurants with lake access. At least accord to Grand Lake! Magazine. Apparently tho, LOTO has 45, so points to LOTO.
    RebarBox: cool site, added to favorites.
    [ January 19, 2003, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

kc***boat
    Spend most of my time at the Ozarks. I have been to grand lake several times and the reason we went was to get away from the crowds. Not to many places to go out to at night on the water. Dripping springs was fun but not even close to party cove.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast