Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: LOTO vs Grand

kc***boat
    tstone:
    NICE LINK planning a trip for mid-to-late June. KC I live in Olathe as well. So far I've hit Hillsdale, Clinton and Smithville (MO). How about you? Is there a gem around here I'm missing? I'm originally from Okla. so I'm used to Texoma, Eufaula, Murray, Grand. You should try Perry lake. I use to go out to Smithville but prefer to avoid all the water patrol and a noise ticket.

Posey
    I don't get on here to much but its good to see guys talking about good 'ol grand lake. I've done a lot of partying there, especially at Woodard Hollow. Everything you said is true but its home! I'm like everybody else I like to try different lakes but never tried Loto. I've bought a couple of boats up there but thats about it. I'd like to party with you guys sometime, maybe I'll see ya.
    Posey

Seadog
    Posey, my BIL has a dock at Dinosaur Point so I intend to be there as much as possible. If anyone sees my toon parked there, be sure to say hi.

Posey
    Seadog,
    I guess I'm not familiar with Dinosaur Point. Tell me where thats at. Tell me about your 'tooner so I can look for it. Home for me is the Elk river arm, Lakewood village.
    Posey

Seadog
    If you get the new Grand color map, it will show Dinosaur point. When you are going into Woodward Hollow, there is a large cove that is no wake zone to the right. At the end, it forks into two small coves. At the long point between the two is a green metal dinosaur sculpture. My Crestliner is green and cream with Seadog on the back. My BIL has a double dock with a Bayliner 26' cruiser in the open dock.

buck183
    Bigyellowcat:
    Who knows some of the rules of loto?
    I plan on comming up there this year.
    When does it get busy? The rules of the lake as I know them are pretty simple.
    30mph speed limit at night.
    No riders in the bow of a bowrider while boat is on plane.
    No riders on the Sunpad while the boat is on plane.
    There are some funky weekend/holiday only no wake zones that I still haven't figured out.
    And, ANYTHING goes!!!....as long as the operator of the boat is clean.
    Buck

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345