Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: band at the sandbar on Petite lake

kphayes
    Is there any way to post a picture in here without posting it first to readers rides?

RandyH
    kphayes:
    Is there any way to post a picture in here without posting it first to readers rides?I think it needs to reside someplace on the Web but does not have to be at the Media Center.
    Randy H

kphayes
    Blown509-We launch at Ben Watts so I know right where your at.
    [img]http://free.***boat.net/gallery/Reader_Rides/Outboards/VSImage_16.JPG[/img]

kphayes
    Havasudreamin'-I think I got it now. Thanks.
    Did you use to live out west or just like Havasu? My wife & I are from San Diego. We miss that river scene alot but were trying to make up for it out here.

HavasuDreamin'
    kphayes:
    Havasudreamin'-I think I got it now. Thanks.
    Did you use to live out west or just like Havasu? My wife & I are from San Diego. We miss that river scene alot but were trying to make up for it out here.I grew up in So. Cal and my family had a vacation place at Havasu for more than 25 years. Unfortunately, people grow up and things change. When I got out of school, the best work I found was in Chicago I lived there for 3 years and just last Nov. got engaged and relocated down to Indy. This summer has been very busy for me as I am getting married in three weeks. Unfortunately, all the crazyness has left little room for long boat trips, so I haven't been able to hit the chain o lakes or Hardee Damn. However, I plan on making it a "traveling" year in 2003 and will let all you guys know prior to traveling up that way!
    BTW, Nice looking boat! What year is the hull/motor. That motor looks exactly like the one I blew up in '96. It was a 2.4L 200hp black max circa 1988. Great motor! I wish I would have known to run at least 10 - 12 lbs of water pressure frown

kphayes
    BTW, Nice looking boat! What year is the hull/motor. That motor looks exactly like the one I blew up in '96. It was a 2.4L 200hp black max circa 1988. Great motor! I wish I would have known to run at least 10 - 12 lbs of water pressure Well congrats on the marriage! Next time you make it up this way drop me a line and we'll hook up on the Chain.
    The hull is a '89 19' Nordic & the motor is originally an '89, but was gone through and built up in '92. I bought it off a older guy in WA that took great care of it. I lucked out, I only saw pictures of it before I bought it and talked to the guy a bunch of times. The motor has a nose cone w/low water p/u so I'm always looking @ water pressure to make sure the water p/u isn't clogged. (the chain is real clean you know) That's another sure way to blow those motors up.

HavasuDreamin'
    kphayes:
    BTW, Nice looking boat! What year is the hull/motor. That motor looks exactly like the one I blew up in '96. It was a 2.4L 200hp black max circa 1988. Great motor! I wish I would have known to run at least 10 - 12 lbs of water pressure Well congrats on the marriage! Next time you make it up this way drop me a line and we'll hook up on the Chain.
    The hull is a '89 19' Nordic & the motor is originally an '89, but was gone through and built up in '92. I bought it off a older guy in WA that took great care of it. I lucked out, I only saw pictures of it before I bought it and talked to the guy a bunch of times. The motor has a nose cone w/low water p/u so I'm always looking @ water pressure to make sure the water p/u isn't clogged. (the chain is real clean you know) That's another sure way to blow those motors up.Just an FYI, I sheered my propshaft in half on my 200 gearcase. It also had a nose cone with low water P/U. In the off season, if you don't already have one, I would strongly suggest a heavy duty bearing carrier. It seems to me that it is just as tough to keep a good gearcase together as it is a good powerhead. Enjoy and see you next summer!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12