Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tulsa Boat Show

D-BO
    Are any of you guys and gals going to be at the bat show on Sunday??

Seadog
    I just got back from the show. Fabulous! Lots of hot boats. Some great bargains and the dealers said business was good. I noticed several cat speed boats that I don't recall being there before. One of the Baja had a interesting custom hatch arrangement over the cuddy area. There were 2-3 yachts over 50'.

buck183
    Seadog,
    Did you also notice that Ugly John's dropped Fountain and Cig? How about Extreme Marine being a no-show?
    Talked to my salesman at Ugly John's and he said they were having a good show. Seemed to be moving a lot of smaller boats though.
    I notice that Sunseeker (don't know how big) had sold. Looked like a chunk of change.
    Buck
    [ February 02, 2003, 08:05 PM: Message edited by: buck183 ]

Infomaniac
    Did you see the two that Wyatt had there?
    Extreme marine is out of business? I heard for a while now.

Seadog
    I had wondered more about the way they rearranged than about cig and fountain. I did notice that Ugly's was pushing the Bajas more. Also, I don't remember the last time they didn't have a Harbor Master. I would think that they decided to consolidate on Baja or else weren't selling enough to make it worthwhile. I did see that the nearest Fountain dealer was in Sand Springs. Arrowhead had several Formulas on display. Seemed more than usual.
    I have to ask one thing. Who would spend $60k for a hummer with such obvious vinyl wood siding.
    [ February 02, 2003, 09:25 PM: Message edited by: Seadog ]

buck183
    I had a weird feeling about Extreme Marine when I didn't see a booth. Seems odd, just spoke to them not to long ago about a Sunsation.
    Ugly John's said that they were going to concentrate on Baja like they had been for the last 22 years. Monterey was going to be their entry level line of bowriders and deckboats. They weren't happy with the treatment they were getting from Cig and Fountain. They did indicate that Carver was being very good to them though.
    I did notice the larger than normal showing for Formula.
    Buck

steve@kps
    Seadog, did you buy a new boat at the show?
    If your looking for a boat at Ugly John's let me know, i went to school w/ chris and worked for John at one time. Maybe i can help save ya little money.
    steve.

Seadog
    Steve@KPS: I just bought my Crestliner and still haven't sold my Tracker. My buying days are gone for a while. I like to look and used to help my BIL detail the boats for Ugly's, so I have an interest in what they show up with. Did you work at Arrowhead? If so, you might remember Excaliber Detailing.

steve@kps
    oh, yeah. I remember your detailing shop's name.
    i was actually mentioning that to buck183, i just forgot to type that. sorry, too much prop dust on the brain...lol
    oh, seadog, remember the ugly nose that Wyatt left on the HTM, well Aaron (our glass guy) is rebuilding that today, making a much nicer piece out of it.... looks good so far. i'll post some more pics when it's done.

Seadog
    steve; If you remember Davy, you might have seen my wife helping him out. Black hair and always wore all white. She usually only helped him when he was in a pinch. He always had trouble keeping good help. His standards are high and few people are into that much hard work.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast