Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I Hope Everyone Is Ok

DansBlown73Nordic
    I hope all you guys down south are ok. That must have been a hell of a storm... eek!

Wet Dream
    We cool

shirkey4750
    Talked to a friend of mine who's daughter lives outside of Norfolk Va. They have no power, and they are rationing gasoline to $5.00 per car. Long lines for everything.

CV-23
    Most of PA just had high winds....little rain. My parents had no power for 36hrs. We pulled all the boats on Thurs but put them back in for the weekend. No high water or flooding in Central PA. Actually had a great boating weekend here.....MD, NC and VA did not.....Mike.

ezstriper
    I'm in Fredericksburg, Va., They had wind gust cloched at 82, severe damage everywhere, we were without power, phones for 4 days, we anchored our
    50' Gibson out from our Marina in a cove along with several other boats, we did fine, one 40' sedan next to us pulled free, drifted about a mile
    and came to rest on top of another marina's dock.
    It now sits high and dry on the dock. There was another marina about 1/2 mile down the creek we were on that was completly wiped out, about a dozen boats sunk, all docks destroyed, lots of waterfront resturants around all destroyed, our marina came thru very well as did our boats, the potomac river is so full of debris is unreal, but we are very thankfull,Hope everybody faired as well as we did in the area. Thanks, Rob...

Adrenalin
    Besides the obivious inconveniences all here is ok. I hope everyone else is. My jet boat has not been out of the garage since BOTE at Anna. I did take the ski boat out once in July. No one told me about working for a living when I was young.....now it is tooo late. By the looks of the pictures the last BOTE event was "business as usual". Keep in touch
    Jay

Freak
    Trees were a fall'in at 6pm. At 9pm I could hear them but no longer see them. That sucked. All my neighbors have damage, I have none. I prayed before the storm and thanked god after. Also I went down and boarded up the house in OBX on tues. Mass distruction down there but the house is perfect! Power was back online sat eve.
    [ September 22, 2003, 01:29 PM: Message edited by: Freak ]

miketsouth
    just got power back from thursday afternoon. ran house on diesel generator. Was reduced to dialup. The latter was the only hardship.

fat rat
    Everything here was "Jim-Dandy"....lost power for 50+ hours. I have a generator that I thought ran fine, ended up doing a carb rebuild and f%ck'd my back up in the process. We took the bike's out Friday mid morning to check out the bay......all I can say is we saw some pretty incredable damage....picture will come later, I hope.

miketsouth
    fat rat:
    ended up doing a carb rebuild and f%ck'd my back up in the process. Yeah, Rich. Them briggs carbs are real heavy. And the huge bolts that hold them to the head are SO hard to get out.
    Oh yeah i did find what the difference between a blower carb and a regular carb is. should have been able to figure it out for myself. Dam. Well i figgured out the biggest important difference,,,they cost more.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast