Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 weeks away and...

Wet Dream
    I'm not even close to being ready. The weather here is calling for rain and winds up to 55mph. This blows. I have a carb to rebuild, a water valve to install, a boat to buff, an oil cooler to plumb and a wife to...never mind, just did that. So many things to do, and so little time. And I really need a garage right about now. frown

Wetter the Better
    sounds like you have alot of work ahead of you,Ijust was finally able to repaint the bottom of the boat, now im ready for BOTE this will be our first and lookn for alot of fun

DansBlown73Nordic
    I was up at 4.30 AM just so I could work on the boat. This weather really BLOWS!!!!! burningm

bulldogdad
    wet dream. heard ya on the "need garage" this weather has sucked since dec.

shirkey4750
    Y'all have just one boat two work on, I have two. Have a Taylor jet in the garage that has just been painted and is bear on the inside. Motor is half built on the stand. Just now starting to completely rewire it. Have a new tunnel ram to put on the hydro and two carburators that have to be tuned in. Put new fenders on the hydro trailer and one of them is too low. But we will be there.

Cole 383
    Hey Shirkey,
    What are you going to be doing in your spare time? I just came in from the garage working on the jet. I don't think i have to much more to do to it but i haven't started it yet. All kinds of stuff can pop up when you fire one up.
    When are you traveling to Anna? I would like to join the convoy. Maybe catch you guys in Beckley.
    Later 383
    Ps I rode the big sled a couple of fridays ago. Not bad!!

shirkey4750
    When it stops raining, I thought I might mow this hayfield I have for a yard. Have Jeffs boat 3/4 wired, put the heads on yesterday. We plan on leaving Friday morning, early. I will get with PE 857 and the other guys and try and set up a meeting time. Last year we met at Daniel Boone park just before you get on the turnpike. Is there enough room at the truck pulloff on top of Sandstone mountian for everybody to pull off. That would be the best place to meet. I have a couple of those hand held FM radios, do you have any? Later, going to the garage.

Wet Dream
    My carb is built. I just hope I did it right. I guess we'll find out in a little while. Banderlog water valve is installed and the hull has been sanded and buffed, but I'm going over it again today.

Cole 383
    Hey Shirkey,
    Hay field, my yard will qualify for that. Radios,yes. I have one of Jims on the loaned program and we bought two for the race season which has about been cancled by now. I'm not sure about the truck pull off at sandstone. I don't ever recall where that is. If i came through Hinton, how far would that be from the truck pull off? I know i would be getting on 64 at Sandstone. That would probably be closer for me than going to Beckley. Is there room to get off of that exit?
    Later 383
    Going to work on the boat now.

Cole 383
    Well guys,
    We finally fired the jet up a few minutes ago. It sounded real good. About 80lbs of oil pressure. Now for a trip to the lake for a shake down. I hope no problems. I'm tired of working on it. Then off to lake Anna in a couple of weeks.
    Later 383

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast