Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who was at Glenn Helen in 82?

sandblasted
    JetBoatRich:
    sandblasted:
    I missed out on UsFest...Went to CalJam 2 at Ontario Motor speedway, I think in 1978 or so......Ted Nugent and Aerosmith were the main artists...spent 2 days smoking pot and looking at topless chicks...Pure heaven for a teenager!! PotHead reformed Pothead!!...Stopped that shit when I was 19....now I just drink..

C-2
    Hey, I was there too!
    A couple of the guys I went with scoped out an off-road route into the place the weekend before the concert. We took a 4X4, entering someplace by Lytle Creek, and went over the hill, it took us a whopping 15 minutes to get into the place!
    Things got better though...I almost passed out from heat exhaustion during Motley Crue, and while escaping the stage area, some chick slapped me cuz she thought I was grabbing her ass...I was then lost from my group...I only wore shorts (burrr at night) and I spent the last of my money on a corndog...only to see it fall into the dirt after some knucklhead bumped me.
    Only saw one pair of titties, actually they were more like 1/2 a pair!
    I was only about 16. That was cool
    C2

JustMVG
    I remember Van Halen just ripping up the place, and Santana was awesome too, Now did anyone go to CAL JAM 1 and 2, Sabbath, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Santana, i remember the Keith Emerson sitting and playing the piano and i rose up and started to spin , friggin awesome stuff, hey i was just a kid but i'll never forget how cool it was.
    Mike VG

fat rat
    CA Stu:
    Not to be a nitpicker, but it was called Devore back then.... What was called Devore?

fat rat
    CA Stu:
    Not to be a nitpicker, but it was called Devore back then.... What was called Devore?

Wet Dream
    When I moved from California, Day on the Green was still an annual event.

Wet Dream
    Damn double post.
    [ January 25, 2003, 07:24 AM: Message edited by: Wet Dream ]

beached 1
    Went to it in 82 and 83. I was only 13 but grew up alot on those weekends.

CA Stu
    fat rat:
    CA Stu:
    Not to be a nitpicker, but it was called Devore back then.... What was called Devore? Glen Helen

Kilrtoy
    Ok who was drinking and smoking weed?
    Remembering when they were cool and pulled the US festival out of their ass.
    Shit I do that too, put I keep it to the 90's when I was at least in my mid twenties and still single!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast