Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: MOVING TO LAS VEGAS

aquaholic IV
    HI ALL! ME AND THE MISSY ARE MOVING TO THE LAS VEGAS AREA, ANY INPUT ON WHERE TO MOVE AND ANY ELECTRICAL JOBS ARE APPRECIATED. WERE MOVING FROM THE DREADED MIDWEST WHERE THE BOATING SEASON IS ONLY 4 MONTHS LONG. CAN'T WAIT TO EXPAND TO THE LONGER SEASON. HOPEFULLY U CAN HELP ME MAKE THIS TRANSACTION PAIN FREE BY GIVING ME THE INSIDE SCOOP ON WHERE TO BE! THANX!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jordy
    In case you didn't get there yet, I posted a response in the Hot Boats forum with the suggestion of asking the same question over at Las Vegas Hot Boats. They would be the experts there.

CrazyHippy
    Hmmmmm.... stay away from the N. East (older area, Nellis AFB)
    I am in The N. West (95 & Craig), and like it other than the long trek to the lake.
    Do you want space, or be in the middle of everything?
    Close to lake, or view of the city?
    What kind of commute time is ok w/ you?
    let me know, and i'll search from there.
    BJH

spectratoad
    My father just built a house in Henderson and my wife cousin lives there also. I hope to move there soon. Henderson seems like the place to live from what little I really know of Vegas. It is close to Mead and close to getting out of town to get to Havasu. Just my .02

THOR
    Just moved to HB from las vegas. I have lived in every part over 10 years and the best place would be Green Valley/Henderson. Nice, quiet, plenty to do, and CLOSE to the lake. I was about 15 minutes to the closest ramp.

superV
    I too am considering Las Vegas rather than SoCal.
    All the benys of socal with out the cost, and no sales tax!

THOR
    LV is no SoCal by any means. The weather is hot as hell in the summer and very cold in the winter. Socal is awesome in terms of weather.

superV
    THOR:
    LV is no SoCal by any means. The weather is hot as hell in the summer and very cold in the winter. Socal is awesome in terms of weather.I agree to a point its not HB but it is alot like the HighDesert, and i am a desert rat minus 5yrs in oxnard.

superV
    You still can have most any climate with in a 3-4hr drive! And money to spend when you get there.

VitaminSea
    I lived ten years in Green valley/Henderson and it is the place to be. Close to the Lake and easy to get out of town. 2 1/2 hours to Havasu as well. Good luck on the move. Cliff

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast