Thread: Van rental

SCUBA STEVE
    Does anyone know of a place I can rent a 10 passanger van that allows towing, in southern CA? Looking for something that can handle a towing load of about 4000lbs
    Not that I really want to tow with a rented vehicle. I was thinking it would be cool to role up to ***** OP6 ***** in 1 vehicle then be crammed into 2 vehicles
    I know I am going out on limb here, but any help would be appreciated.

Ziggy
    Steve,
    I rented one from Budget a few years back and I think most rental agencies have them...just don't tell 'em you'll be towing because I think they all don't allow it...put the ball in the bumper and go for it, take the ball back off when done. Sounds like a big load for a van..10 peeps and a boat might not be the best idea. Be careful!

gmnhra
    try govans.com...
    they are in irvine...
    they allow towing with many of thier vehicles

Boozer
    Or rent a big ass SUV.
    I put 8 people in my Durango and tow my boat.

SCUBA STEVE
    Problem is I have 9-10 peeps going. I tried govans, but they dont allow towing with their vans. Only the Suv's. $150 A DAY, 200 MILES FREE.
    I wouldnt dare tow w/o the rental co knowing. If something were to happen..... I dont even want to think about it.
    My rough caculations after all the B/S charges, over $600, for the weekend. Forget it.
    2 vehicles it is.
    By the way most of the peeps are girls, call me old fashioned but Its hard for me to say chip in for gas & the rental. If they offer cool, if not they better give me something else.... devil
    LOL
    Thanks for your help guys.
    [ June 12, 2003, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: SCUBA STEVE ]

Boozer
    SCUBA STEVE:
    By the way most of the peeps are girls,
    Sounds like he's going for best ratio at OP6 on top of Miss OP6. Maybe he'll be on top of miss op6 at the end of the night and have 2 coolers eek!
    Sounds like Steves gonna have a good weekend.

TrojanDan
    SCUBA STEVE:
    By the way most of the peeps are girls, call me old fashioned but Its hard for me to say chip in for gas & the rental. If they offer cool, if not they better give me something else.... devil
    LOL
    I call bullshit on this one Steve. Have them pitch in. It's not like they don't have jobs or anything, right? Besides, have the wife ask them if you feel uncomfortable. You're already providing the entertainment via the boat payment. The least they can do is kick down some gas $$.

ROZ
    Buy some cheap furniture from the salvation army to furnish the rear of a moving van. Everyone can party in the back, and you can tow your boat! Maybe you can get the 1st day free! wink Just make sure it has a walk through so they can pass food up to ya
    Or rent a motorhome.

SCUBA STEVE
    TrojanDan:
    I call bullshit on this one Steve. Have them pitch in. It's not like they don't have jobs or anything, right? Besides, have the wife ask them if you feel uncomfortable. You're already providing the entertainment via the boat payment. The least they can do is kick down some gas $$. :cool I hear what your saying, Dan, thats just the way I am. At least I am making them pay for their rooms!! On the real if they kick up some cash or are helpful in other ways, (buy lunch, dinner, beer, etc) they get invited again, if not..... no more trips on my boat.
    ROZ, I thought about the motorhome idea as well.
    Its just too much of a hassle towing up the hills, parking, ect.
    Anyway we decided to go in the scuba mobile, besides if I rented something else, I wouldnt be able to sport my new OP6C sticker.
    BOOZER, I plan on getting 4 coolers to go with the 4 single women in my crew. wink I wont say how many actual female crew memebers I am bringing, we all know there are always 1 or 2 rankers at the last minute frown