Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of the Southwind--Post OP :) Go to page 2 for pics

hd&boatrider
    [ May 12, 2003, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

hd&boatrider
    [ May 12, 2003, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

HBjet
    From what I know, Eric455 is a good guy, and he hangs out with a few people from these boards. I'm curoius to know what repairs where needed. New gas tanks surprises me because unless they where fiberglass tanks, I can't see replacing them.
    As for the def. of turn key, you two really need to work that out. Turn Key to one guy may mean EVERYTHING is working the way it's suppose to be, and there are no known problems. Someone else it may mean there are no Mechanical Problems with the motor as for the internals of the motor or jet drive. Others it may mean the key turns while in the ignition.
    So, good luck and let us know how things pan out.
    HBjet
    [ May 11, 2003, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

hd&boatrider
    [ May 12, 2003, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

hd&boatrider
    [ May 12, 2003, 04:59 PM: Message edited by: hd&boatrider ]

JetBoatRich
    You seem to have a very positive look at things, definitely a good start to working it out. wink

hd&boatrider
    UPDATE--Eric called me just now and we talked. I am sure there will be no problem between us but I have to see what Greg says. Eric comes across as a genuine person and is concerned regarding the problems I am having. That is all I wanted at this point and he understands. Seems he has been to busy since he went to Missouri to look at my em. I want Eric to understand that my antention again was to get his attention. Nothing more nothing less at this point.
    I want to post pics in here that I took of the boat after the detailing, new headers, rub rail, etc. Eric will love the way the boat has turned out to this point. Can someone help me out. EM me at twint64235@aol.com and I will send them to you so you can add them here for me. Thanks in advance.

Eric455
    i was just informed about this issue. i dont know what and who DS marine is. and i personally think they screwed around with the boat and tom to make some cash. when dealing with tom. i did show himn the the motor STARTS, RUNS, IDELS, ECT.... now changing headers is his issue. making the boat shine more is still his issue. changine gas thanks and tuning the motor so it wont idle!!! now that going over board. their are many people here that know that i was at havasu 2 weeks before the sell and the boat ran great for 3 days without a single problem. me and tom talked i wasnt ignoring him i just didnt get to read his e-mail till this afternoon because of e-mail issues! hope all goes well with the boat. but yes i did make the effort to go out to his place a day after the sale abd try to fix a problem that occoured after the purchase was made. tom said he will send me an email regaring the service that was done. and i sure as hell know that boat didnt need 2500 worth of work. and by the way the boat was sold to him for 5k. if all of you that remember i originaly was asking 8300 for it. and gave it to tom for 5k cuz i needed the room for the new boat.
    i dont like to lie. even tom knows this is pissing me off knowing that he paid for all that work and hearing alll these problems with it. i dont like this one bit, but i guess he had to take it this way.
    eric

DickDanger
    Well, it sounds as if the two of you are on the road to resolving this issue. I can understand your frustration after laying out that kind of $$$, and not having the thing work as you had hoped. This is always a problem with buying anything that is used. You may be getting a headache that the seller isnt even aware of at the time of sale. Perhaps it is as Hoss said, water in the fuel system. Start with the easiest things first, and go from there. Good luck. -DD Out

HBjet
    Eric455:
    I did make the effort to go out to his place a day after the sale and try to fix a problem that occoured after the purchase was made.Well, I'm glad you guys are working on resolving this issue. I just curious, the day Tom picked up the boat, it ran and idled fine, but the next day there where problems? Ethically I would think that would be the sellers problem, not the buyers.
    On a personal level, I wouldn't take it to GS Marine, or at least take it to a few others and get all of there opinions.
    HBjet
    [ May 11, 2003, 09:23 PM: Message edited by: HBjet ]

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast