Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Street legal golf cart/Rhino????

JB in so cal
    I have it from good authority that the only reason to buy one is if you hate your garage and want to see it go up in smoke.
    You could always charge it at the neighbor's house :220v: :220v: :220v:
    Will an older CJ fit the trailer? How about a '71 Broco; not much bigger than a Rhino!

Froggystyle
    You could always charge it at the neighbor's house :220v: :220v: :220v:
    Will an older CJ fit the trailer? How about a '71 Broco; not much bigger than a Rhino!
    10' max length.

phxsleek
    I have a 2001 ezgo fully registered and insured in AZ...

djunkie
    I have it from good authority that the only reason to buy one is if you hate your garage and want to see it go up in smoke.
    :crossx: :crossx:

Ultrafied
    Sooooooo. Arizona is no problem sounds like.
    What about electric carts in California? Or four stroke?
    If I'm not mistaken, electric can be made street legal CA, but only on roads with a speed limit of 25mph or less. You would need all the lights, turn signals, mirrors, seat belts etc. though.
    Four stroke? Doesn't matter, emissions in CA.

djunkie
    If I'm not mistaken, electric can be made street legal CA, but only on roads with a speed limit of 25mph or less. You would need all the lights, turn signals, mirrors, seat belts etc. though.
    Four stroke? Doesn't matter, emissions in CA.
    This is exactly what I was told when I got mine green stickered at the DMV.
    Az. is no problem though. Need insurance though if its gonna hit the street.

TOBTEK
    HERES a question..... after the rhinos are street legal in AZ with the AZ lic plates. What would happend if you ran it around here in so cal? My take on it is that its street legal in one of the states, how could it be baned of the street here??????

shadow
    HERES a question..... after the rhinos are street legal in AZ with the AZ lic plates. What would happend if you ran it around here in so cal? My take on it is that its street legal in one of the states, how could it be baned of the street here??????
    It's also legal for me to ride my Harley here with no helmet.
    Don't think i want to chance it in California.
    Pretty sure you have to obide by the laws in the state you are in not the that you came from.

Ultrafied
    I believe you only have a limited time (30 days?) to register an out of state vehicle in California. Driving a Rhino on the street would definitely catch the of LE.

GunninGopher
    I guarantee you that won't work. Some motorhomes are too wide to be legal in some states. Truckers can only pull triple trailers in some states. Tinted front window are only legal in some states.
    You will get a ticket here in CA if you cross paths with the wrong cop.
    A while back when the Sheriff was clamping down on carts at Martinez lake, a bunch of my friends got California plates on their golf carts. There was no smog or anything else to do for them, but they did all have 4 strokes (didn't know anyone with a 2 stroker). I'm planning on getting a Rhino this summer/fall, and I'll be looking into it then. If all I need is signals, windshield and other simple things, I'll do it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast