Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Street legal golf cart/Rhino????

wsuwrhr
    Dude, you little POS buggy will smoke that Rhino, and costs 1/3 of the price. I drove one out in Glamis, not for me, way to slow. Working on the wife for my 2 seater Funco to go along with the mini van. Getting closer.
    Subaru?
    Brian

bohica
    Subaru?
    Brian
    Yep, Gary at C&G is working on the new 6 cylinder Subie, should be runner with 17-20lbs of boost, closed deck and all the good internals. I've got a Big 5 gen 4 now with 2.5 subie, looking to get a 2 seater and let the wife have the mini van. :rollside:

lalhc
    I have a 4 seater GEM car registered in CA but resides in Havasu. The road legalities is that you can drive on any road 35 mph or less. I drive it all over Havasu w/no problems.

wsuwrhr
    Yep, Gary at C&G is working on the new 6 cylinder Subie, should be runner with 17-20lbs of boost, closed deck and all the good internals. I've got a Big 5 gen 4 now with 2.5 subie, looking to get a 2 seater and let the wife have the mini van. :rollside:
    Cool
    So you are using the 6 in yours?
    Brian

stoker
    Dude, you little POS buggy will smoke that Rhino, and costs 1/3 of the price. I drove one out in Glamis, not for me, way to slow. Working on the wife for my 2 seater Funco to go along with the mini van. Getting closer.
    I sold that POS buggy . I mostly use the Rhino at my place in Landers. It is amazing what these things will climb. I have had a few different 4 wheel drives, but nothing can touch these things when it comes to climbing :rollside:
    Update.. Horn done, blinkers done. Getting mirrors today.

GunninGopher
    Get a nice electric one and call it a day... Toby has a hookup on bigger 48v motors and speed controls for the hop-up
    I need something that I can use in the desert in the winter and the river in the summer.
    I wouldn't want an electric for the desert for any number of reasons. For the river it would probably work out OK.
    For the river I want something that will pull the day cruiser in and out of the water. I have use a friend's 2wd Yamaha cart to pull my old bubble deck out, but it really didn't have the traction for it. We had to push and have a couple of heavy's sit on the back of the cart and bow of the boat.
    A 4wd Rhino 450 or 660 will do this bigger jet no problem and kick azz in the dunes, too. If I was just getting something for the desert, I'd get a buggy. If I was just getting something for the river, I'd probably get a cart and deal with the traction issues, but I need a Rhino (or simlar) for both.
    The reason for wanting to get a plate is that I'm sure I'll get hasseled some places for that being and "ATV" instead of a cart. If it is street legal, they can't have an issue. I would plan on using it at Martinez Lake(Yuma area), Emerald Cove (Parker), McIntyre (Blythe) and Hidden Shores (Yuma area). Emerald Cove and Hidden shores would certainly give me crap, but they do allow carts. MacIntyre would be no problem no matter what and Martinez lake would depend on the weekend.

stoker
    Just got the CA plates today. :rollside:

Havasu Cig
    Here in Havasu,I took my Rhino to the motor vehicles and they didn't even
    want to look at it.I had to sign a paper stating that i knew i was supposed to have a windshield.Walked out with a plate in hand 5 minutes later.
    I see them running around town here all the time with no windshield.
    I don't think you will be that lucky in So Cal.
    My friend just tried to register his Rhino in Havasu this past weekend and they told him it needed a "D.O.T. Approved" windshield before they would do it. He did not say how big it has to be, just that it had to have the D.O.T. stamp on it.

Havasu Cig
    HERES a question..... after the rhinos are street legal in AZ with the AZ lic plates. What would happend if you ran it around here in so cal? My take on it is that its street legal in one of the states, how could it be baned of the street here??????
    If you have a California Drivers License the California Vehicle Code requires all vehicles you operate in the State of California to be registered in the state. This is the reason that you have to have CA. Plates on a boat trailer even if the boat is registered in AZ. if you DL is in CA. If not and you operate it in the state you can be ticketed for a registration violation.

TOBTEK
    Just got the CA plates today. :rollside:
    DO TELL....... what do I have to do to get CA plates?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast