Thread: North & South Carolinia lakes?

737jetmech
    Some friends are looking to buy a second home on a lake . Any suggestions ?
    They are looking for something with little boat traffic in North or South Carolinia.

Old Texan
    Lake Hartwell is big and thus not real crowded. Close by is Lake Keowee. Both beautiful and clear.

well lake wylie is on the NC SC border and you can ride in both states ,and I know for a fact that SC has lower property taxes than NC so they might want to consider looking in SC side of lake wylie..just my o2 :clover:
    Markist

GasGuzzler
    well lake wylie is on the NC SC border and you can ride in both states ,and I know for a fact that SC has lower property taxes than NC so they might want to consider looking in SC side of lake wylie..just my o2 :clover:
    Markist
    Have Mufflers?

Huffer
    JUST ANOTHER MUDDY OCEAN IN MY LITTLE TUG!
    MT.ISLAND IS HARD TOO BEAT!HIGH ROCK IS GOOD ALSO!

mikes280
    Have Mufflers? i run lake wylie with a big motor and no mufflers with through the transom pipes never been stopped or had them checked

vdrivenman
    we too have consider moving to NC. we've looked several times and love the state.
    we have a friend who has a hundred or so acres on a lake in salisbury. i beleive alcoha(sp) owns the h2o rights. it was a big lake,but last couple years the level had been down.
    he in the past ran his blown alcohol hydro on it. he has a beautiful brendella runner bottom he plays with on the lake.
    problem we've encountered is land is expensive and jobs don't pay what we are used to making down here,but it is beautiful country. we love riding the blue ridge parkway on our scooters. guess u have to make a choice. weare still shopping !

DaveA
    We've told you before...come on down...er...up...whatever.
    Yea, ask GasGuzzler about High Rock Lake aka "Dry Rock Lake" and it's more fortunate downstream neighbor Badin Lake- the one that Alcoa likes to keep full at High Rock's expense.
    I'll have to look up your buddy Darrell next time I'm up there.
    You could work LE in Charlotte...they need the help. One of the highest murder rates for larger cities in the country, if I heard correctly. And our state gas tax is going up 2.9 cents/gal on Jan 1. That's the sixth highest in the country, too. Sick! :yuk:

76 Sleekcraft
    I, too, am on Dry Rock about 100 yards from Gasguzzler. My dad lives on Lake Tillery, not that far from Charlotte.
    It is beautiful and not crowded.
    The lake is 18 miles long not counting the coves and such.
    No rules when it comes to noise or speed.
    It is in the chain of lakes with High Rock, Tuckertown, and Badin. Last one, better water.