Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Computer Question...Again>

HammerDown
    On certain Web Pages/Sites, I'm getting a "Internet Explorer Script Error" window that pops up. Whats the story, and how to get rid of it?
    PS, AOL told me to do this>>>>
    "To work around this issue, please configure your Internet Explorer privacy settings to Low or Accept All Cookies.
    To do this, please follow these steps below:
    1. Click on START button from your Taskbar, then CONTROL PANEL.
    2. Click on NETWORK AND INTERNET CONNECTION.
    3. Click on INTERNET OPTIONS
    4. Under Temporary Internet Files area, please click DELETE COOKIES button.
    5. On the PRIVACY Tab, move the slider to Low or Accept All Cookies
    6. Click OK, and then restart your computer."
    The problem still exist...Thanks for any info.
    [ April 20, 2003, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: HammerDown ]

572Daytona
    Hammer, it could actually be an error on the website. Does the site work for anyone else? If you want to post a url to a page that is giving you an error I can check it out.
    You may also want to lower your security settings, if you go to Tools - Internet Options and choose the Security Tab. First try clicking on the Deault Level button to reset them to the defaults and see if it works. If it still fails, go back and choose Custom Level and do a Reset to Low. If that works, try Medium - Low then Medium, etc until you find the highest level that works. If it still fails on low go back and reset them to the default level.

BigBoyToys
    Sounds like 572D's got that one wink Try what he said HD....sounds correct and should work

HammerDown
    Thanks for the tips...I already tryed the above steps...same thing. 572 I shot you a PM.

GlastronGuy
    IE
    Tools - Internet Options - Advanced - Uncheck, "Display A Notification About Every Script Error

572Daytona
    Good call, GlastronGuy. It looks like there is an error on the webpage that Hammer is going to, not much he can do about that, but he can change IE to not display the popup box. Thanks!

HammerDown
    Thanks again for the tips...Glastronguy...I'll give what you suggested a try...Thanks.

HammerDown
    Just went into "internet options"...my (Dislpay a notification about every script error" is already un checked. Hmmmmm!

Essex502
    I wouldn't lower your Internet Security. That puts you at risk for hacker attacks. Especially if you are on a LAN, Cable or DSL. I've been attacked several times and they were not successful at penetrating my firewall.

572Daytona
    Essex, the security settings in IE work differently than a firewall, they really don't protect you from hacker attacks. Basically they control what types of scripts, i.e java or VBA you are allowing IE to run and what permissions those scripts have. I agree though that they shouldn't be lowered indiscriminately, that was a test to see if script security was causing the errors messages, in Hammer's case it was not. With lowered script security settings you do have an increased exposure to malicious scripts that could do stuff like delete files on your hard drive.
    Hammer...all of my testing so far has been on a Win98 machine, I will try it on an XP machine in a bit and see if I get a different result.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast