Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Another PWC fatality

EricinNv
    Round Hill Pines Beach (East shore Lake Tahoe) either a T-bone or head on between 2 PWC'S resulted in a 15 year old boy dying from his injuries. He was transported to the hospital where he was pronounced DOA. What's it gonna take?? It doesn't seem to matter if it's adults or juveniles, sober or drunk. The only common thread I find is ignorance.

JetBoatRich
    That Sucks, kids shouldn't drive/ride unless taught and well supervised. They need to grow and become adults. I hate when kids get hurt/die for any reason especially ignorance!

spectratoad
    Hey Eric, I heard that this morning. People just need to keep their heads on a screw and learn how to control watercraft.
    I am packing up this morning to head to Pyramid. We are at Pelican Point if you get a hair and need something to do. Brown Spectra, Yellow witchcraft. Both daycruiser types.

EricinNv
    Thanks Todd, but I'm already here at work. Somebody's gotta Hold Down the Fort! Be Safe!

TOBTEK
    sorry to hear of this, but I thought pwc's were banned from Lake Tahoe?

timitunnel
    I keep telling people that if you are going to have kids, you need to ba a parent. It sometimes can be a hard and frustrating, but I'm sure its easier than having one die. Tim

beached1
    TOBTEK:
    sorry to hear of this, but I thought pwc's were banned from Lake Tahoe?Only carborated two strokes are banned from the lake. Rental PWCs should be next if things like this keep happening. Sorry to hear.

BK
    Just hate to here of this. I witnessed a young boy get seriously hurt in a collision near Walters Camp (Blythe) a couple of years ago on a pwc. From what I understand in some other states (Oregon is one) you have to take a test and be licensed to opperate a boat or pwc. With the amount of incedents and crowded waters today this may be inevedible (and a good idea) in Ca and Az as well.

Livin Large 27Hallett
    Ericin Nv,
    Hey I was just in Gardnerville visiting my brother and we took his hallett out to Topaz on Sunday. Was nice to ski a lake in the mountains instead of one in the desert all of the time. There were alot of boats out there though for how small of a lake it is. wink

EricinNv
    Livin Large 27Hallett:
    Ericin Nv,
    Hey I was just in Gardnerville visiting my brother and we took his hallett out to Topaz on Sunday. Was nice to ski a lake in the mountains instead of one in the desert all of the time. There were alot of boats out there though for how small of a lake it is. wink We just got back from there at 1030. Not a boat on the lake! I've got Tahoe to the west and Topaz to the south. Both 20-25 minute drive to Launch wink

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast