Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gas Shortage in Arizona??

BajaMike
    I heard on the news this morning and read a little in the LA Times about a gas shortage in Arizona....prices going up and short supply due to a pipeline breaking.
    Is there a problem getting gas in Parker or Havasu? How much is it?
    idea
    Mike

XTRM22
    There is a gas line from El Paso to Phoenix, by way of Tucson. After a ruptured line in Tucson, they shut it down for repairs and damage survey between Phoenix and Tucson. There is a distribution problem and a supply shortage in Phoenix, but it doesn't seem to seriously affect the rest of the state. My understanding is Havasu and Parker get the majority of their fuel from the LA Depot, even some of Phoenix's gas comes in by pipeline this way. That said, my boats in Havasu with a full tank, and I'll still probably truck an extra 15 gallons with me in case the price is getting silly. I filled up this am here in tucson for 1.65, I here that most of Phoenix is 1.90+.
    Chuck
    ps if I stated anything incorrectly I'm sure someone will straighten it out. wink

roln 20s
    No Chuck, from what I am hearing you are pretty accurate.
    Here's the sketchy part in my mind: the pipe breaks on the 30th of July. They shut the pipe down 8th of August. A gas shortage begins to affect phx, but slowly. And then, all of a sudden, 90% of gas stations have no gas. And the crisis and media frenzy begins. Gas prices have soared from $1.50s to the $2.00s and even higher. Heard of $3.00+ gallon in some parts of Phx and the rare amounts of premium were listed on AZCentral.com at some locations over 4 bucks. Thats rediculous. Now, the pipe has been repaired, however we are now waiting on the officials to authorize its use and get the fuel running back through it. So how long does this take, up to another week +. Yeah, can we say "milking it for what its worth."
    But to solve Baja Mike's questions, every other city/town around AZ that I know of is not having any problems. Prescott, Flag, etc are all just fine, so I would suspect that Parker and Havasu are also. If gas was $3 a gallon, would you still be heading to the river. Hell, at that price, I might just call in sick to work!
    Roln 20s

Kurtis500
    I filled up in Sedona yesterday at $1.71 a gallon. A good excuse for a trip if you have enough to get out of town. Cordes Junction was at $1.81 a gallon and had plenty too.

Boatcop
    Parker gets it's gas from LA and Vegas. No shortage here, but prices went from $1.64 to $1.77 a gal (reg/unl) overnight. Count on about 10 cents cheaper in Havasu at AM/PM or either of the Herbst places.

Mandelon
    It's $1.97 here in San Diego.. burningm That is because of the continual shortage we have had for 15 years....

Floored
    its in the $1.70's around the Bullhead area and no lines. Premium is around $1.93-2.19. no shortages or closures

boatless
    I just passed a gas station on Cave Creek south of Lone Mountain. Maximum of 10 gallons per car and charging $3.99/gal. The gas station down the road took on 9000 gallons at 8:30am and was out around 10am @ $2.15/gal. The trucks are rolling just not fast enough. This weekend they were talking about mobilizing the National Guard Bulk Fuel unit to help transport fuel, sum how they figured it would cost more to clean out the JP8 from the tanks than it would be to buy fuel from CA rolling.

JetBoatRich
    Just filled up the Suburban,

$1.89 a gal=$60 today cry

Mrs.909er
    All I know is that it was 1.89 this last weekend in Havasu for gas ......and 1.59 for diesel . We get home...and gas is 1.84 and diesel is 1.74. ( It was 1.69 when we left.)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast