Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Home Theater Systems

SUPERCREWJOHN
    Can anyone recommend a decent home theater installer and some decent components. I talked to the people at Good Guys and they are F&*&^ing idiots
    I am thinking about using Boston Accoutic Components, and I have a Denon 6 Channel Amp with DTS that is multi-zone. For the back channels I have to run some wiring through the walls or through the floor boards. I haven't decided wether or not to use in wall speakers. Someone told me that the sound wasnt as good.
    Suggestions anyone?

Infomaniac
    POLK AUDIO !!!

dcb carrera
    I used Boston Acoustic wall speakers and they sound great.

GlastronGuy
    Contact ROZ here on the board.
    Polk? pig_flyi

Havasu Hangin'
    I ran my wiring under the carpet, between the nail board and the wall.

mbrown2
    I run Phoenix Gold for my In-Walls, and Ceilings speakers. You will need an amp for Multi-Zone if you want to more than a couple of speakers in the additional zones. Look at Knoll, Russound, Niles, Sonance, or Kustom for Multi-Zone amps and they have speakers as well. For Plug/Play ease to setup look at the Knoll, Russound, Kustom...They have Multi-Zone systems with easy to use keypads driven off of Cat-5 wiring. I went with the Knoll System since it had the most wattage for all channels 50x12; this amp coupled with my theater amp, allows me to pipe any theater source to up to 6 zones inside and outside the house. Also, try and do the biggest gauge cable when running your speaker wire to the additional zones.

Havasu Hangin'
    mbrown2:
    Also, try and do the biggest gauge cable when running your speaker wire to the additional zones. Why?

superdave013
    Havasu Hangin':
    mbrown2:
    Also, try and do the biggest gauge cable when running your speaker wire to the additional zones. Why? So you don't get that 0.00000000000000001 volt drop

Havasu Hangin'
    superdave013:
    So you don't get that 0.00000000000000001 volt drop So Monster Cable can make a revenue number?

rivercrazy
    There are ton of great brands out there for home theatre. Good recommendations have already been stated here but you might also look into Infinity and JBL. The mid level lines on up are pretty awesome and priced pretty well.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast