Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PWC incident

After getting married on the 4th of July, the next day my new wife and I were on the water, anchored in our favorite cove having our champagne. A couple of PWC riders were doing laps around the cove, buzzing past us as close as they could. We finally pulled anchor to leave. We were doing nearly 60mph when they female rider decided to go accross in front of our boat. I turned away from her as hard as I could and she turned into me. My wife was thrown out of her seat and she fell on her champagne glass, cutting her hand badly. Six hours in the emergency room and a two hour surgery three days later, the doc says she should regain the use and sensory of her fingers and thumb. Long post but I wanted to rant about the dumbass PWC riders. I could simply have run over her and saved my wife the pain of her injury.

JetBoatRich
    okiedave:
    I could simply have run over her and saved my wife the pain of her injury. I thought about that when i got cut off a couple weeks ago, then there is all that paperwork with the local law enforcement.

HCS
    Should have christen the PWC rider over the head
    with the champagne bottle.
    Not to name a dozen other things.

hot_diggity_dog
    I'm so freaked by these Idiots, yes idiots, I have a extra air horn just for them. wink
    As I approach them I start with the horn and keep hitting it until they actually turn and see me before I pass. eek!
    It usually only takes about 10-15 blast before they realize someone is honking at them,
    then after they look you in the eye's they turn right in front of you.
    I just don't know what else to do with these stupid Fockers. burningm
    Idiots and Stupid Fockers Was meant for everyone except the 2-5% of the PWC riders than ride with safety in mind 1st.
    Hot (Love them PWC's cutting you off burningm ) Diggity Dog

Jungle Boy
    That's to bad about your wife. Nice way to wreck a good day. Hope for a full recovery. It does remind me of a PWC story.
    I nearly T-boned one about a month ago. There was 5 boats entering back into the lake from a run up a small river that we run. I was leading the pack at about 90 MPH and these 3 grown adults were heading towards us on PWC. As I got closer the lead dumbass turned into me and figured he was going to come up even and race me. I was debating on which side of him to turn out. I missed him by about 15 ft. He then flipped me off. What aprick.

91nordic29
    did the "top water carp" "rider" get caught?

Boozer
    When I see them headed towards I let them come my way. I'm bigger then they are and they can move quicker then me. If I hit one and kill the driver as a result of their own carelessness then **** it. It's their own fault for being a moron and I can tell you that I won't lose any sleep over it.
    I refuse to let the PWC riders own stupidity put me and my passengers at risk of injury in order to prevent injury to them. They turn in front of me and they get run over. Plain and simple. I'll let the insurance company sort out the mess.
    Maybe if we as boaters start making a stand to the PWC riders and start runnign their stupid asses over then PWC owners will open up their eyes and realize that they aren't invincible and boats aren't going to move out of their way.

H.B. Brett
    I just leave the place diverter down whenever the pricks are out burningm , then as they jump the wake.... Bam, if they're close enough it will easily knock em off the ski. You just gotta keep em behind you, and you'll always be safe. By the time they get back on the ski you're long gone

Hermosa
    Glass in boats or near water, not a smart mix.

Boozer
    H.B. Brett:
    I just leave the place diverter down whenever the pricks are out burningm , then as they jump the wake.... Bam, if they're close enough it will easily knock em off the ski. You just gotta keep em behind you, and you'll always be safe. By the time they get back on the ski you're long gone If I had a jet I would be blasting everyone with the diverter. Unfortunatly I only have a prop. As far as being long gone goes, **** that. I'd blast em off their ski and then sit around to see what they do at that point. They come up to my boat to fight, if they look like a good fight I'd prolly fight em if I see 10 guys headed for my boat, well time to use the place diverter again and THEN get the fugg outta there.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast