Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CLASSIFIED SCAM, SCAM,SCAM!!!!!!

TPI
    Ok guys, in the last 20 minutes, this person has tried to scam me 3 times, on 3 separate ads in the classifieds. I have heard of this happening, but I have never seen it first hand. If the scam works, they take your money and your parts. I have pasted it below. Lets find a way to nail this bastard!!!!!!
    MRS.Rita.w.Kabila is inquireing about a listing you placed in the ***boat.com classifieds title 4.3 Mercruiser/omc long block.
    Comments:
    PLEASE YOUR ASSISTANCE NEEDED. Dearest one. I am Mrs.Rita.W. Kabila, from Democratic Republic of Congo. There is an information I would like you to keep very confidential, There is sum amount of money my Husband Late President Laurent Kabila, deposited in a security company Abidjan Cote d'ivoire for safe keeping Before he was killed by his Eldest Millitary Son. The squable happened as immediately we returned back from our London trip. My husband married us three.I am the second wife.I will not be able to give you the full details that led to that urgly incidents. The Eldest Son is the current President of our country now. For now I am staying in Abijdan, the capital of Republic of Cote d'voire,just to save my life,with my three children. The money in question, is 22, Million U.S.Dollars. I can not make the withdrawal of this fund, because my husband registered the Beneficiary of the fund as his (Foriegn Bussiness Patner) and also (Family valuables as the content of the deposit) The documents of the deposit are with me. What I would want you to do, is to assits me to get the consignment withdrawn from the security company, and open a small account in a Bank here in your name, and transfer the money to your country, through the account . We shall replace the name Foriegn Patner to your own name, because the code was used for security reason. I will give you the 10% of the money for your assitance. There is no risk in this transaction. I will use the remain balance of the money for an investiment in your country for the future of my children. If you are intrested,and can maintain the very confidential of this transaction,you e-mail me immediately for more clearification, and also note that I am a refugees in Abidjan, Cote d' lvoire becuase of the assasnation of my late husband, and the civil war going on in our country, Democratic Republic of Congo. I can speak little english, but my son speaks good english, well his name is David and our direct telephone number is: 00225 07 93 73 86. you can call for more information. Thank's and God bless you. MRS.Rita.w.Kabila. NB: please do reply me through my private email address at rita_kabilaci@yahoo.fr thank you.
    Phone) -
    E-mail:rita_kabilaci@yahoo.fr

Mandelon
    What's the problem? It say right in there that there is no risk..
    Can I borrow some of your split? I need to pay the advance fee for my $2.5 million in South African lotto winnings.

shockwaveharry
    This scam's been around for a while. A few years ago I received a similar, maybe identical letter through the mail. It seems they obtained my name and buisness address through public records. I could have used the extra dough but I misplaced that letter . Lifes full of regrets...

Wet Dream
    She speaks little English, however she named her son David? The stupid things people don't catch on to.
    Maybe this is infiltration by RD?
    Hey RD, your mom is looking for you.
    That would be something like John and Karen Jones naming their kid Buhenno de Istanza. WTF?
    Hey, let me know how you make out on the dough. wink

TPI
    LOL, Now this "serious" warning post will take off on a life of its own. Like Grass Pay$ DCB 28 thread, Now that got damn funny!

27mtrcougar
    i got the same email too.if you put her name in on a yahoo search alot of crap comes up.shes been around.

jet496
    I've recieved that e-mail before. It's so outrageous & ridiculous that it's really not even a scam. Nobody in this world would fall for it. It's one of those spams you delete after reading the first sentence or so.

dr. margarita
    Here's one for ya GT: I advertise a bitchen subwoofer for sale and some ****er from the netherlands emails me with interest. He then emails me that a customer of his in the US owes him $5K. He states that a cashiers check will be expressed mailed to me from his customer. Once I receive it I'm supposed to deposit the money in my account and send him the change, works out to about $3.5K. A cashier's check is like cash right? You deposit a counterfeit cashier's check that looks nearly perfect, you send the ****er his change and the bank's clearing house sends the check back to your bank marked Insufficient Funds or Counterfeit after the ****er has your $3.5K. Meanwhile the guy from the netherlands is emailing me telling me that his fiance is in the hospital and he needs the change fast. I showed the teller the cashier's check and she was on to it immediately. I emailed the ****er back and wished his fiance well!

randy77zt
    i got a spam filter that only lets emails from people in my address book through.it puts the rest in a spam file that i can look at quickly and open up what i want.best not to open any email you dont expect to get-it could be a virus.

We get several of these types of emails every week and have for a couple years.
    Also get the Indonesian requests for abnormally large quantities of parts, always wanting to pay with credit card. All are bogus. It's a scam for stolen credit card usage because Indonesia doesn't have any way to prosecute it. We always respond with request for wire transfer, never hear from them again. It's a pretty common scam.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast