Thread: Essex's building process...

MASTERKENDOG
    Anyone know, how good is Essex's building process is, start to finish? How about their quality control? Thinking of going with their new 24' Valor. Looks almost like their 22' Vortex, just bigger. Everything I've read and a couple of owners give high high marks for them. What about their downside? Rigging? I know they have a 10 year hull warranty...but give me da dirt!!!
    Thanks,
    Masterkendog.

MASTERKENDOG
    Just makin' sure I get as much info as possible. Boats ain't cheap, so I'm just checkin' it out. But thanks for the info on what ya know of Essex. I really appreaciate the feed back!!!

MASTERKENDOG
    Hey RD,
    Whats OP6-D? June 21st...

MASTERKENDOG
    That's V, OP6-V!

Tom Foolery
    MASTERKENDOG, this has nothing to do with your post, but your avitar totally cracks me up.

MASTERKENDOG
    Right on brotha! It cracked me up too!!!
    Memorial @ Lake Mojave Gasoline Alley
    23.6 Eliminator Eagle Bumpin' Stereo!!! devil

Tom Foolery
    If you will be out at Mohave this weekend. Keep an eye out for me. I'm sure I'll be in Gasoline Ally a few times this weekend.

BENZEEN
    MKD,
    I have a 2003 Vortex with a 496MAG. I can tell you that the boat is solid. It handles rough water really well, considering its size. We were at Mojave 3 weeks ago. There were 2 and 3 foot rollers, and we were cruising 45-50mph with realitive ease. I would assume the Valor would handle that much better, given its size. I can't comment on how well they meet deadlines, because I baught mine off the showroom floor.
    I will suggest you talk to the service manager, Alex, if you want accurate performance number. The sales staff has no idea how fast the boats run with the different motors. Alex can tell you, fairly accurately, how fast the boats will run full, empty, cruising speeds, and so forth.
    Oh, and make sure the driver has a cup holder. My boat does not have a cup holder anywhere on the drivers side. If you have more questions, PM me.
    -Vik