Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: The War/ Politics

eliminatedsprinter
    Catmando,
    I'm curious. I can see you dislike Bush with a passion. Who in potitics do you like? What type of ideology do you favor?
    Take the last pres election for example. Did you like the more authoritarian, less educated Al Gore, or the more libertarian Harry Brown, or perhaps you favor the hyperlitigious Ralph Nader?
    I hope I'm not being to nosey, I'm just trying to understand your strong anti-Bush perspective.
    You mentioned our freedoms as if they are something you value strongly. This would indicate that you dislike Dems and Greens even more, since their party platforms are far more authoritarian than Bush's. Are you a Libertarian?

Catmando
    eliminatedsprinter:
    Catmando,
    I'm curious. I can see you dislike Bush with a passion. Who in potitics do you like? What type of ideology do you favor?
    Take the last pres election for example. Did you like the more authoritarian, less educated Al Gore, or the more libertarian Harry Brown, or perhaps you favor the hyperlitigious Ralph Nader?
    I hope I'm not being to nosey, I'm just trying to understand your strong anti-Bush perspective.
    You mentioned our freedoms as if they are something you value strongly. This would indicate that you dislike Dems and Greens even more, since their party platforms are far more authoritarian than Bush's. Are you a Libertarian? Politicians; John Kerry and former Vt. Gov. Howard Dean
    Ideaology; Social Liberal and economic Centrist
    Last election; Brown had good things to say, but the Libertarian Party in the foreseeable future can't crack the two-party system we have now.
    "Less-educated Al Gore"??? His degree may have been in Journalism, but he has given himself a far better education, and has used it far more wisely, than Shrub Bush ever has. Reading books and discussing environmental and scientific problems is not GWB's strong suit. Can you imagine Bush writing a book, especially on the intellectual level Al Gore is capable of? I don't think so.
    Nader makes some good points, and one has to be impressed with his environmental knowledge, but he goes too far. IMO he went too far in the last election and cost Al Gore the White House. Some of you will cheer at that I'm sure.
    As to being anti-Bush, no question about it. We know about his business dealings here in Texas; he failed at all of them, but kept getting bailed out by Tree Bush and his cronies. His smarmy aquisition of the Texas Rangers baseball and the shady, underhanded way he aquired the land to build the new stadium on.
    HOWEVER, all that pales in comparison to the fact that, during wartime(Vietnam), he did not report to a unit in Alabama he was ordered to. Bushdaddy got him into the Texas Air National Guard, so he didn't think he had to take orders. He was AWOL for more than 30 days, and under the UCMJ that is classified as DESERTION. Makes me want to PUKE every time I see him salute.
    Bush has never had charges brought against him by any military court. Gee I wonder why? Could it be because his daddy was a high-ranking spook with the NSA? If any of US deserted his unit during wartime, what do you think they'd do to us? Especially since that charge carries the death penalty as ultimate punishment?
    If you want to read the whole story, go to www.awolbush.com. That should open the eyes of a lot of veterans who think Bush is a warrior.

eliminatedsprinter
    Catmando
    I said less educated because not only was his major an easier one than Bush's, but his grades were worse as well. Gore's weakest subjects were the sciences esp biology.
    I did not vote for Bush or Gore in 2000. I wasted my vote on the Libertarian (even though I strongly disagree with their goofy ideas on immigration).
    The 2 things I hate most in a leader are authoritarianism and phoneyness.
    For this reason I dislike Al Gore every bit as much as you dislike Bush.
    I have spent some time following his past and he really scares me. I read the three way cross between Chicken Little, Mien Kamph(sp?), and the Unibomers Manifesto he calls a book on the environment (Earth in the Balance). It horrified me that an american "statesman" could write such an insidious piece of phoney trash. You see, the sciences, esp the natural sciences, were my strong suits in college and I aced them all (including climatology). This guys phony use of junk science and exaggerated anicdotes to advance his authoritarian political agenda and vilify the american capitalist very much reminded me of the way Hitler used the same to vilify jewish capitalists and advance his. I realize Gore is not as vile as Hitler, but I don't like how he blatently uses his same demagogic tactics. I have listened to so many of Gore's speeches and I think the fewist bald faced lies I have caught him at in a single speech is 3. Oh well, this response is growing too long winded and I've just scratched the surface on this. Perhaps I'll find the time for a bit more of this fun tomorrow.

Catmando
    Gore the Bore was not my favorite Democratic candidate either. I would've been much happier with Kerry at the front. I think a Kerry/Dean ticket will be much more palatable to the Left/Centrist voters in 2004.

Jbb

Tom Brown
    That Iraqi minister of information needed bran far worse than I do.
    I hope the Iraqis can rebuild their state in a way that improves the quality of life there. They've been living in Hussein's colon far too long.

Jbb

eliminatedsprinter
    Catmando
    Apparently you still may have some moderate Dems in Texas, be very careful of them. Out here in Ca far left Dems have got into power by posing as moderates and are now pushing a far far left agenda that is rapidly killing our state and causing businesses both small and large to flee our state at record rates.

Jbb
    Mother of all bombs?...

[ April 23, 2003, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: JETBOAT BRIAN ]

eliminatedsprinter
    P.S. Thanks for the reply Cat.
    Take it from a former member of the left. Watch out for the Democratic Party. I don't know how they are in Texas (other than that Sheila Jackson Lee is a Lunatic) but here in Ca and at the National level their policy is to rate those of us middle class tax cows who enjoy high powered internal combustion motors and fast vehicles about even with gun owners, smokers, and wife beaters.

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425