Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Watcha Runnin

djunkie
    WOW,,gotta love fresh water.. Here if the engine makes thru a couple years your doing ok..
    Ya I've been pretty shocked myself. I keep telling myself I'm gonna have to go through it at the end of the season. Well I've been saying that for 5 years now. It just keeps going. Doesn't really use any oil and compression is good. I know my valve stem seals are leaking but she keeps running. :rollside:

ECeptor
    Imco exhaust and thats it. Had a hard time last summer pulling the rpm's though. I need to check my timing. I think it may be off now. Probably some timing chain stretch. Haven't checked it in a couple years. Either that or my valve springs are finally going away. The motor is 16 years old so it may be getting due.
    Cool. I need to get the 454Mag modeled in DeskTop Dyno. The I could use that power data with the speeds we've seen to calibrate a drag curve. Your boat is the second data point I've been waiting for!

LHC30Victory
    What power? I love the mid cabin layout.
    Sorry for the slow reply - you know, work and all that stuff
    We have a pair of HO's running 28 pitch bravo 1's that will get us loaded to an honest 75 gps.
    The mid cabin is great! enough room for me to sit upright along either 6' long benches (I'm 6'4"). Makes a great place for quick storage or to get outa the sun for a nap. Or sleepover when the Turtle gets too rough

spectras only

ToMorrow44
    27' Advantage Victory. Had a Teague 620 but now has an 800efi goin in it but hasn't been tested yet. should run mid-80s. I have pics if anyone would like to post them for me.
    -Tom

ECeptor
    Imco exhaust and thats it. Had a hard time last summer pulling the rpm's though. I need to check my timing. I think it may be off now. Probably some timing chain stretch. Haven't checked it in a couple years. Either that or my valve springs are finally going away. The motor is 16 years old so it may be getting due.
    I just got the 454 Mag 365hp set up in Desk Top Dyno. It show a jump to 444hp at 5,500rpm by upgrading stock exhaust, adding single plane intake, and using a Crane 134561 cam. Since you already have the exhaust, you'd get there with a ~$150 (ebay) intake and a ~$130 cam. You'd probably be wise to go to new valve springs and roller rockers at the same time. But given all that, that's a nice bump for almost no jack - uses your bone stock bottom end!

djunkie
    I just got the 454 Mag 365hp set up in Desk Top Dyno. It show a jump to 444hp at 5,500rpm by upgrading stock exhaust, adding single plane intake, and using a Crane 134561 cam. Since you already have the exhaust, you'd get there with a ~$150 (ebay) intake and a ~$130 cam. You'd probably be wise to go to new valve springs and roller rockers at the same time. But given all that, that's a nice bump for almost no jack - uses your bone stock bottom end!
    Bottom end is good. I think my heads are ready to be pulled. Its got good compression and doesn't really burn any oil. I'm thinking of doing a whole topend. From cam/heads on up. I've got aluminum heads on my mind. :rollside: :rollside:

ECeptor
    Bottom end is good. I think my heads are ready to be pulled. Its got good compression and doesn't really burn any oil. I'm thinking of doing a whole topend. From cam/heads on up. I've got aluminum heads on my mind. :rollside: :rollside:
    The one I was looking at before I stumbled on my 781's were the Edelbrock Performer RPM Oval ports. Best bang for the buck I could find.
    I guess it depends on your budget and goals. If you are looking for the best hp/$ return on investment it looks like freshing up the head you have would be the best route to go. It's all about budget, goals, time, etc...fun stuff to think about!

In2Deep
    ..wish I was on the water now.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast