Thread: What are your Not On The Menu Favorites?

Trailer Park Casanova
    Coming back from boating at the river, In and Out is a ritual stop.
    The Coachella In and Out serves 250+ burgers per hour according to the manager.
    O.K.,,, everybody by now knows of the 4X4 Animal Burger at In and Out, and the Animal style Frys at In and Out. In and Out has offered this "not on the menu" stuff for several decades.
    We were relaxing with other boaters at the ( across from Sundance) Sandbar Monday and the Monday Prime Rib Tacos at the RoadRunner Floating Bar conversation came up.
    They used to be bigger than life itself it seemed, really knarley and delicious. For the past few years the Roadrunner finally has a sign mentioning them and they're still a bargain, but not the outta control super tacos of decades past.
    Lawrys Prime Rib in Beverly Hills has the Tennis Ball size chocolate dipped ruby red strawberrys that ya had to know about, and be hep to when they're in season because the waitress would never mention them and they weren't on the menu.
    You've never tasted strawberries like these.
    Anyone else know of excellent things at eating places that ya have to know about and ask for,,, that aren't mentioned on the establishments menu???
    We're always game to try any "Not on the Menu" item.
    [ June 28, 2003, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: Trailer Park Casanova ]

FMluvswater
    Yep here in Vancouver is a restaurant called Tom and Jerry's and they have deep fried zucchini on the menu under appetisers. Available but not listed is a deep fried appetiser that I love - deep fried dill pickles! Maybe it sounds odd but oh man so yummy! I order them whenever I go there.
    propeller

gigamurph
    FMluvswaterbabe:
    Yep here in Vancouver is a restaurant called Tom and Jerry's and they have deep fried zucchini on the menu under appetisers. Available but not listed is a deep fried appetiser that I love - deep fried dill pickles! Maybe it sounds odd but oh man so yummy! I order them whenever I go there.
    propeller Are ya sure you're not "deep-fried" pregnant?
    wink
    How do they make those? Do they use the same batter that they use on their zucchini? That sounds odd enough to try! Kinda like the ugly chick at....nevermind.....
    [ June 28, 2003, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: gigamurph ]

FMluvswater
    gigamurph:
    FMluvswaterbabe:
    propeller Are ya sure you're not "deep-fried" pregnant?
    wink
    How do they make those? Do they use the same batter that they use on their zucchini? That sounds odd enough to try! Kinda like the ugly chick at....nevermind..... **** that cracked me up gig!! NO!! Definitely NOT preggers! Yes they use same batter on the dill pickles. The pickles are cut into spears and battered and deep fried and then they serve it up with a creamy dip (I'm not much into dipping, have done but prefer 'em plain). First time I heard of them I doubted I'd like heated pickles (pickles are supposed to be cold and crunchy and go direct from fridge to my mouth lol) but one taste and I was hooked. They are too delicious!
    blower