Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cav plate hardware question

steelcomp
    Can someone tell me where I can find the male turnbuckle ends like the ones used on this type of set-up? I need four of them, 2 left hand and 2 right hand. Thanks in advance.http://www2.***boat.com/image_center...021_Large_.jpg

wsuwrhr
    Bergeron?
    Just a guess.
    Brian

Marty Gras
    Why don't you go back to 'Wilkes'? That guy can't even make a Hondo flatbottom run! He said in his "expert advise" in Hot Boat, that he could not get 'his' Hondo to stop bouncing. If you have the machnes to make your parts, then just do it! If you are just a "bolt on the parts kind of guy", then ask that fat boy Wilkes where to get the work done!

steelcomp
    Why don't you go back to 'Wilkes'? That guy can't even make a Hondo flatbottom run! He said in his "expert advise" in Hot Boat, that he could not get 'his' Hondo to stop bouncing. If you have the machnes to make your parts, then just do it! If you are just a "bolt on the parts kind of guy", then ask that fat boy Wilkes where to get the work done!
    Back to Wilkes? I've never been to Wilkes.
    Thanks for your valuable input MG.

flat broke
    Scott,
    I'm assuming that you're talking about the threaded portion that goes into the powdercoated aluminum shaft in that picture? If so, I believe (and one of the V'drive guys correct me if I'm wrong) you could just use some 1/2 20 stainless left thread bar stock, cut it to length and be good to go. Then do the same thing with the right hander stuff. If you can't find the stock, just buy the rod and run i through a die yourself.
    Outside of that, a few of the So Cal marine retailers and shops get their cav stuff from Bergeron, so that might be the, "one stop shop" for you for this type of stuff.
    You workin on the Spectra or the drag boat?
    When I get a call or email back from Billy Mason on the setup on that 19, I'll be happy to share whatever I hear.
    Talk to you later,
    Chris

steelcomp
    Scott,
    I'm assuming that you're talking about the threaded portion that goes into the powdercoated aluminum shaft in that picture? If so, I believe (and one of the V'drive guys correct me if I'm wrong) you could just use some 1/2 20 stainless left thread bar stock, cut it to length and be good to go. Then do the same thing with the right hander stuff. If you can't find the stock, just buy the rod and run i through a die yourself.
    Outside of that, a few of the So Cal marine retailers and shops get their cav stuff from Bergeron, so that might be the, "one stop shop" for you for this type of stuff.
    You workin on the Spectra or the drag boat?
    When I get a call or email back from Billy Mason on the setup on that 19, I'll be happy to share whatever I hear.
    Talk to you later,
    Chris
    Thanks Chris...I've been trying to find some stainless L/H threaded rod...no luck so far. I thought about buying a die and doing it myself, and that may ultimately be my solution.
    This is for the Bahner. I was thinking of using the same idea for cav plates on the Spectra as well, but I was PM'd by someone nice enough to share with me some advice about that set up, in that the female threaded holes in those aluminum shafts tend to fill with water after a while, and the aluminum threads will corrode, and sieze. The current use I have in mind won't be exposed to water, so that's not a problem. They're going to be used on some strut type supports that need to be adjustable. I don't want to use spherical rod ends, so I was looking at those male threaded turn buckle ends as something that would work real cool for my idea. At this point, though, I think I've decided to find a way to use conventional cav plate hardware, but if you find out something about those ends, please let me know.
    Thanks

superdave013

wsuwrhr
    You are asking about the ends, correct? The stainless parts.
    Brian

VD CRUISER
    You will need more than threaded rod, what about the clevis part ?

steelcomp
    You are asking about the ends, correct? The stainless parts.
    Brian
    Ten four.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast